“"Suite" Partying”

Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The 3-Bedroom Suite was really spacious and more than meets our requirements for a 'special-themed' Christmas Party with a group of friends. The Living Room was set up as a viewing room where we watched to our hearts' content. The first room was set up as the "Computer Games Room" where we played our computer games while the second room was set up as the " Board Games Room" where we can play cards and board games. Finally, the third room was set up as our "Videoke Room" where we sang till our throats were sore. Let us not forget the kitchen, where we prepared the food for the feast in the dining room.

All in all, the place gave us our special party room away from our home.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank TRAVEleiR

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Very nice accommodations but were given the wrong room and was a hassle to get the right one. Beautiful hotel and dining

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We recently held a couples' enrichment overnight seminar at this hotel. Generally, many of the participants were quite happy with the accommodations as most were given one-bedroom suites. The room was also good - complete with hotel amenities & comfortable. Room size was also okay.

We used the columbus function room, which had a magnificent view at the 42nd floor during the day & at night. Only drawbacks of this function room was the restrooms were quite far and there are two wide pillars in the middle of the function room that hinders the view of people seated at the back. Food was okay with a few gems here & there. Service was also good, some of their people (waiters, guards) showed extremely good service. They go out of the way to make sure clients are happy.

Turns out the hotel is not yet used to handling a live-in seminar of our size (about 160 people, 80 rooms) - this is in terms of room service (participants checked-in at 4pm at the earliest) and food service - apparently they use the buffet style only, which is time consuming.

Generally okay, and we will consider going back, as these items can still be improved upon if the hotel is serious about its customer service.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mike321ph
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This was my first stay at Discovery Suites in Pasig City. I used to stayed at the EDSA Shangri-La so not sure what I am in for. Of course I was utterly surprised by the smiling greetings I got when I reached the hotel at 10:30pm after a delayed flight and an hour of traffic jam all the way from the airport to the hotel. I was put on 8th floor rooms which was newly renovated according to the front desk. I have not stayed there previously so cannot compare as I don't have a clue how the old rooms looked like. The room I have is the 1 bedroom suite. It has a Kitchen with microwave, a huge fridge which you can buy your own drinks to put in. A hob and hood and utensils. It is enough for a family of 4. There is a dining table and a living room with soft, mini-compo, DVD player and flat screen TV. in the bedroom another Flat screen TV, walkin wardrobe and a safe, a huge bathroom with bath tub and shower screen. The bedroom has 2-doublebeds! The price includes breakfast and wi-fi/internet in the room! I cannot ask for more!
The breakfast is on Restaurant 5 at level 5. Varieties can be improved. Service is immaculate. We had a business meeting using their meeting room on level 41 (highest floor) again the service is fanastic only thing is that if you want coffee and tea (which is inclusive) you have to request for it. They should consider putting a pot of tea and coffee in the meeting room so we can help ourselves. Lunch is again at Restaurant 5. We had the Thai buffet. Varieties again can be improved.
I will recommend this hotel for business and family as it is near the SM malls. Only downside is the traffic in Manila and the lifts to the room and to the business meeting rooms are very slow. Waiting time about 10 mins. I will stay there the next time I am in Manila.

Room Tip: ask for the renovated rooms and stay on level 8
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I first stayed with them 10 years ago during my sister's wedding and here I am 10 years later and my my did time really showed on their rooms. Poor upkeep are showing in the rooms and I hope they do renovate soon otherwise their location would go to waste. It is not the rooms I remember staying in but then again that was 10 years ago. Overall, I hope they impove.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
Marco Polo Ortigas Manila
1.4 km away
Ace Hotel & Suites
Ace Hotel & Suites
#5 of 22 in Pasig

Been to Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines? Share your experiences!