“LATE LUNCH”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Feeling great after a nice winning at the slot machine inside the nearby casino, I was craving for a late lunch. I was walking by this restaurant when a menu item caught my attention of the teishoku tempura shrimp meal (Php 298).

I requested to sit at a table outside by the quad to “people watch”, but the hostess insisted that I sit inside because according to her reasoning, “there were more customers inside.”

Hello?! Why would having to sit next to a table of ten customers be more appealing to me when I enjoy “peace and quiet” when dining?

Her suggestion was a turn off to me; not a good start when I have not eaten here before. I insisted upon outside dining and sat myself down.

Miso soup was piping hot. Loving it!
No tempura sauce? Missing. I had to ask from the waiter.

The rice bowl was too large and heavy for just a few scope of gohan thus making it awkward to hold the bowl while eating.

Food quality was acceptable.

私は横須賀に数年間住んでいたので、本当の天ぷらエビ食事に精通しています。

Translation:
Having lived in Yokosuka for several years, I am very familiar with authentic tempura shrimp meal.

My meal was delicious, but service could use some improvement.

Missing food item (attention to detail) and checking up on the customer are areas that need improvement.

Ichiban Japanese Market Restaurant is just a few steps away. I think I’ll try them next to compare.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 26 February 2018

one of my favourite restos at newport city, Mr. Kurosawa is able to sustain their great food offerings and maintain its fair pricing. the service remains very attentive and accommodating, as well.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant offers a unique combination of Japanese and European cuisine.
We decided to try it and were very happy with our choice of sushi and sizzling dishes.
Food was very tasty and very reasonably priced!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Had lunch there with some business friends. Ordered fried Calamari, Chicken Teriyaki, Chicken rice and some sushi. Food is ok quality and sits comfortably. Quiet environment and price is reasonable.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 6 January 2018

For New Year's Eve dinner, we decided to try Mr. Kurosawa at Resorts World in Newport City. Tofu steak was really nice, the best I've tasted so far. Their tuna sashimi was surprisingly very good. Vegetable Ramen was a big serving so just right to share between two. We asked for extra bowl and extra soup and pls make it piping hot... and they delivered very well. Wait staff was attentive. Thank you, it was an excellent NYE dinner.

Date of visit: December 2017