2,238 results
All reviewswest wingthe executive loungecru steakhousenew wingresorts worldgrand ballroomclose to the airportglass wallbreakfast buffetnewport mallfree shuttlefive star hotelmangointernational airportnaia terminalevery hourlong flight
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Our great stay was almost destroyed by this "valet parker Joseph".We've waited for almost half an hour for our car to be retrieved and this valet could not even start my car!A toyota vios # zky 489.so stupid this valet that we can't stand seeing him with a sarcastic smile,as if my car has a problem.even dared him that if i could start my car there would bo no fee.we were looking for his superior but no supervisor showed up.imagine a valet parker who could not even start the engine of a simple car like toyota vios!we have a great stay at your hotel,great quality service from your great people,from your bellmen,waiters,doormen,security and even the valets,except this joseph.we want something to be done with this regard.we're definitely coming back with all our upcoming events.but please,we do not want to encounter this man again.we hope that this could get the attention of your Concierge Manager and your Resident Manager Ms. Vergara.We want results and we'll check on this.Thank You and God Bless!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank doccastro_zenith
Reviewed 23 February 2011

What a great experience!! After a 8 hour trip from Doha on Qatar Airways it was great to have been met at Manila Airport by the smiling staff of the Marriott Hotel. A great and short ride to Manila's best 5 star hotel...The Manila Marriott...

First the location, only eight minutes from Terminal 1, and direclty next to the Maxim Hotel which contains a great Casino and the Resorts Mall, a great place to catch a quick meal or to shop, shop and more shopping!! The prices there are very competitive to the Western European or American Malls!! My wife loved that place!!

Now back to the Marriott...the second friendlest staff ever!! The JW Marriott in Bangkok was my number one (1) choice...and number three (3) was the Taj Exotica in the Maldives!!

The check in, was very smooth and expeditious, and completed in the Executive Lounge. We were then walked to our room and had a great experience...nice executive room facing the golf course. The bathroom was the size of most three star hotel rooms!! A seperate "shower room" that not only contained a four leg bath tub but an unblevable shower unit which had a ceiling "head" and full optional 'telephone unit'!! All of this with a full length window facing the bedroom...and of course an electronic curtain for those private times under the shower!!

Remember I said close to the airport, but no sounds of any airplanes as our room faced the golf course 180 degrees from the airports run-ways!!

We had been offered the Executive Lounge for breakfast but my wife insisted on having our "full breakfast" in the restaurant on the ground floor. Six work stations for breakfast from: Chinese; Philipino; Indian; Japanese; Western and European. I think (I know) I gained five (5) kilo's!!

A nice small pool and a great spa both on the second floor. Spent a lot of time at both!!

Diner is a must at the following two restaurants...the Cru Steak House (and I am a vegetarian!) ask for Alice I and have the soup and Ceasar Salad. Made at your table...a salad to die for!! The second "must" is the Dinner in the same restaurant that we had the breakfast "experience" in...For dinner they have nine (9) seperate stations (or more!!)!! Fresh rock lobster; scallops; prawns; mussels; clams; octopus; etc. for the "Seafood Station"...Mongolian Station; full Indian Station; Thai; British Station plus all the other's that we had enjoyed for the breakfast extraganza but now for dinner!!

For those less hungey the Al Carte Menue was the answer...

We booked all our tours directly via the hotel consigage.We also made great use of the "kept-luggage department" at the hotel. as most domestic flight in the Philippines have a very low lugage allowance (15 to 20 kgs.) Ugh...we kept over 15 kgs in the kept luggage space.

Finally, a must is a night-cap at the Lobby Bar!! Great girls that serve you and lovely live music, each night!! Don't miss the small terrace just off the bar, you can still enjoy the music but relax outdoors.

Solid security getting into the hotel which makes you sleep like a baby!!

Next time in Manila don't forget the Manila Marriott!!

Thomas L. Webber

2  Thank Thomas W
Reviewed 23 February 2011

The hotel is very near airport, they have a free shuttle ride so very very convenient.no plane noise.very good view with the villagemor golf course, the hotel is inside the manila resot world. Where there is a casino, nearby hotels- maxims, malls and restaurants. Never got bored, comfy enough rooms though I was expecting a bigger one, clean toilet and towels and you must avail the executive lounge package. Very savvy to us. We had a breakfast and a non-stop snacks all day. staffs are also very courteous .thanks to that. Made our stay a memorable one.

2  Thank Cebunicegirl1
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My only complaint is the high price. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. Right next door to a good casino (won enough to pay 2 nights). Staff is some of the best I have ever seen. Nothing was really a problem. Yes even with the expense I would stay there again. Location is perfect, can see the airport (could actually walk to it). No noise from the airport. Security is intense on the hotel grounds, you are perfectly safe. The staff is honest and hard working.

2  Thank Ricky60107
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We decided to spend our wedding anniversary at Marriott Manila because I wanted to watch Kaos and they have a really good promo for the hotel + breakfast + 2 balcony tickets to Kaos show ($200 for all).

The front desk officer was very accommodating and gave us a room with a bathtub and rain shower but we had to wait 1 more hour for it to be cleaned. We decided to explore the hotel and mall while waiting.

I'm constantly taking shots of my surroundings, to show others the things that I see. I was taking a shot of this sculpture I was admiring in the hotel. There were a hotel manager and a couple of front desk officers who saw me and ignored what I was doing. Eventually, a security guard came and reprimanded me that they "do not encourage guests to take photos of their facilities". I asked, "WHY?". He didn't answer my question, just told me they discourage guests to take photos of their facilities and if I want to take photos, I have to be in the picture. Wow, this security guard is even more strict than the hotel manager. He's even more strict than the Louvre! Maybe he owns the hotel. =P

Finally, our room was available. It was very nice, it smelled clean and they have a good-looking bathroom. However, I couldn't say it was really clean because I found a hair strand in the bathtub (hence, we didn't use the it anymore), there was melted ice in the ice bucket (they didn't wash it??), there was still water in the electric kettle (they didn't wash it either), the bathroom floor was sticky. They also don't clean under the footed bathtub (gross!). They provide a 32" LCD tv with all these wires sticking out from under the table. And they charge $15 per movie! They also only provided 1 toothbrush, 1 robe and 1 pair of slippers knowing that the guests checking in were Mr. and Mrs. -- so we had to call housekeeping to inform them.

That night, Kaos show was also cancelled because the Chippendales were performing. They told us the day before our scheduled stay. I just wanted to point it out that I chose to stay at Marriott because I wanted to watch Kaos. Naturally, it was very disappointing.

Also, I wanted to point it out that since Marriott is part of Resorts World, the crowd really isn't very wholesome. They have a casino so if you venture to that part of Resorts World after dinner time, there are a lot of gamblers, smokers, groups of men drinking and groups of beautiful girls in skimpy clothing hanging around. If you're into those kinds of things, then all's well.

The breakfast buffet was of moderate quality. They don't even provide free water. I had to order Absolut (local bottled water) and it cost $4.50. The waiters/waitresses are very, very nice and accommodating, though.

Checkout was annoying because they were going to charge us for the breakfast buffet that was already included in our bill. So we had to wait for them to reprint our bill. I think their front desk officers were all tired by this time because the officer next to ours was already raising her voice to a guest who was having a hard time speaking English. Talk about customer service, huh?

Overall, our stay was okay. I would recommend it to a friend for the value (room + breakfast + Kaos tickets). But I don't think I'm staying here again.

4  Thank Arriadne