“Will eventually lost its beauty if.....”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed 15 February 2011

We checked in at around 2pm, the usual check in time for any hotel in Manila. They told us our reserve room was still not available. we went back at around 430pm and the room was available..The room was spacious, flat screen, LCD or LED around 40inch, very beautiful bath tub with a ceiling shower, see through bathroom with an automatic switch which raises and closes the venetian whichever you like. Everything is worth it. Except that the box containing the toiletries has a broken handle, the floor is quite sticky(i remove my shoes and accidentally stepped on the floor), the bathroom floor has some stains. When we came back in our room at around 930pm, there room again arranged, now with welcome chocolates. The extra pillow and a design cloth(turban like) which was there a while ago were no longer there. When i opened the cabinet, it was there not even neatly folded. They just placed it there. Also we cannot open our door with our 2 electronic cards.We have to go downstairs to get to the reception because there were no phones in the floor . One thing also that we noticed, since we are both non smoker, there is a certain scent of smoke in the elevator and in the room. so if you are a non smoker, think twice. The pool area is quite small, compared to edsa shang and sofitel. Breakfast is okay...Over all the Marriot hotel is nice place to stay, but if not going to be maintaned, will immediately loose its glory, considering its just about 1 year old, if im not mistaken...For me personally, i still prefer sofitel followed by Shangrila EDSA....

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,023)

Reviewed 12 February 2011

Overall this is a great Marriott property. All of the workers were professional and courteous. I tried to check in early (around 10AM) and was told my room was not ready. No problem - they told me to come back in an hour. After coming back in an hour, I was told it would take longer for the room to become available. At that time, the front desk clerk suggested I stay in the Club Lounge until the room was available. I had to wait there for at least an hour and a half until I was finally able to get into my room. I wish the front desk clerk initially offered the lounge for me to wait it (I am Marriott Rewards Platinum anyway) and that an accurate time was provided for the room to become available. Also, it took over an hour for my bags to show up. There seemed to be some disconnect between the baggage handlers and the front desk. Aside from those initial setback upon check in, the room was great (very nice bathroom), room service was delicious (hamburger and fries!), and the fitness center is very clean and new. The spa is also good with reasonable rates. There is also a casino on this property, but expect more of a Macao style casino than a Vegas one. The casino has a poker room hidden on the second floor.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bluejax21
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Manila Marriott was excellent. Everything was up to standard. In my case my bag was lost at the airport, but the receptionists and even the staff in the Executive Lounge were more than willing to help to try and recover my bag. They even went as far as to call the airport and leave a forwarding address when I left the hotel. Very impressive.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank surin33
Reviewed 4 February 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I agree with some of the reviewers that the hallways do have a mildew smell, but not the rooms. I am allergic to mildew and had no reactions during our 3 day stay. The things we liked about the hotel: it's connected to a mall with great restaurants on the 2nd and 4th floors, casino and movie theater, free shuttle to the the airport, everything is modern, golf course view, friendly staff, lots of security, great spa/stream room/sauna in the men and women's locker rooms. Negative things: distance from the city, pool is cold because of location, overpriced buffet.
A TIP:
One night we did upgrade to the executive floor and I highly suggest it. We enjoyed a great breakfast, free internet, unlimited drinks all day, and other goodies for only $50 more. This is a good price if you compare just the price of breakfast for two people here.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hudsons4china
Reviewed 3 February 2011

It was my first visit to Marriott Hotel Manila, as we frequent other Marriott properties around the world. It is conveniently located just across the NAIA 3 airport and right beside the Resortsworld with a Casino and shopping area. There was also a nice club just walking distance, Republiq.

It is a nice property and the housekeeping staff were quite friendly however the front desk wasnt very accomodating. Our companions had booked a room requesting 2 beds and had called the hotel twice( 2 weeks before and 1 week before) before the arrival date just to confirm that they needed 2 beds in the room and they confirmed. When they finally checked in, they gave them only 1 big bed and said they couldnt provide an extra bed. They could have at least tried to make a way rather than saying "no" immediately.

The next day I had a gown pressed that did not come back on time and had to call the housekeeping to return my gown. That evening, coming from a friends wedding we got back to the hotel at 4am only to find that we had consumed all the water in the room. We requested for some drinking water to be sent to the room but in never arrived.

I would recomment this hotel to friends, overall the stay was ok -- getting around was convenient via cab, we had a goodnights rest and you walked in with style but I really expected more with the service. I suppose only the VIP's get the special treatment.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank traveling_sushi888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
0.2 km away
4.3 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia
3.3 km away
The Heritage Hotel Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!