2,302 results
All reviews west wing the executive lounge cru steakhouse new wing resorts world grand ballroom close to the airport glass wall breakfast buffet room attendant newport mall mango five star hotel free shuttle international airport naia terminal long flight
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Overall this is a great Marriott property. All of the workers were professional and courteous. I tried to check in early (around 10AM) and was told my room was not ready. No problem - they told me to come back in an hour. After coming back in an hour, I was told it would take longer for the room to become available. At that time, the front desk clerk suggested I stay in the Club Lounge until the room was available. I had to wait there for at least an hour and a half until I was finally able to get into my room. I wish the front desk clerk initially offered the lounge for me to wait it (I am Marriott Rewards Platinum anyway) and that an accurate time was provided for the room to become available. Also, it took over an hour for my bags to show up. There seemed to be some disconnect between the baggage handlers and the front desk. Aside from those initial setback upon check in, the room was great (very nice bathroom), room service was delicious (hamburger and fries!), and the fitness center is very clean and new. The spa is also good with reasonable rates. There is also a casino on this property, but expect more of a Macao style casino than a Vegas one. The casino has a poker room hidden on the second floor.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank bluejax21
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Manila Marriott was excellent. Everything was up to standard. In my case my bag was lost at the airport, but the receptionists and even the staff in the Executive Lounge were more than willing to help to try and recover my bag. They even went as far as to call the airport and leave a forwarding address when I left the hotel. Very impressive.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank surin33
Reviewed 4 February 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I agree with some of the reviewers that the hallways do have a mildew smell, but not the rooms. I am allergic to mildew and had no reactions during our 3 day stay. The things we liked about the hotel: it's connected to a mall with great restaurants on the 2nd and 4th floors, casino and movie theater, free shuttle to the the airport, everything is modern, golf course view, friendly staff, lots of security, great spa/stream room/sauna in the men and women's locker rooms. Negative things: distance from the city, pool is cold because of location, overpriced buffet.
A TIP:
One night we did upgrade to the executive floor and I highly suggest it. We enjoyed a great breakfast, free internet, unlimited drinks all day, and other goodies for only $50 more. This is a good price if you compare just the price of breakfast for two people here.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hudsons4china
Reviewed 3 February 2011

It was my first visit to Marriott Hotel Manila, as we frequent other Marriott properties around the world. It is conveniently located just across the NAIA 3 airport and right beside the Resortsworld with a Casino and shopping area. There was also a nice club just walking distance, Republiq.

It is a nice property and the housekeeping staff were quite friendly however the front desk wasnt very accomodating. Our companions had booked a room requesting 2 beds and had called the hotel twice( 2 weeks before and 1 week before) before the arrival date just to confirm that they needed 2 beds in the room and they confirmed. When they finally checked in, they gave them only 1 big bed and said they couldnt provide an extra bed. They could have at least tried to make a way rather than saying "no" immediately.

The next day I had a gown pressed that did not come back on time and had to call the housekeeping to return my gown. That evening, coming from a friends wedding we got back to the hotel at 4am only to find that we had consumed all the water in the room. We requested for some drinking water to be sent to the room but in never arrived.

I would recomment this hotel to friends, overall the stay was ok -- getting around was convenient via cab, we had a goodnights rest and you walked in with style but I really expected more with the service. I suppose only the VIP's get the special treatment.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank traveling_sushi888
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Love it. New, clean, great staff, wonderful showers, great beds, and the benefit of the Marriott reward program (The Shang has to get with the program!). I travel to Manila 4+ times a year and will be staying here from now on. If you are a business travler - check it out. It is only getting better with the build out of Resort World next door.

1  Thank The_Travler007