“It used to be better....”
Review of Mr. Choi Kitchen

Mr. Choi Kitchen
Ranked #95 of 529 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

I used to love this place. But the last time I ate here, somehing was wrong.

They were not able to maintain the taste of the dishes and the serving got smaller.

I used to love the pork face asado and the sea food noodles, panait canton style.

I hope that they get to reorganize and go back to the old Mr. Choi that I used to love.

1  Thank japs1969

Reviewed 5 August 2012

I never come to this Robinsons Place Chinese restaurant for dinner but I do for lunch.

The chicken and corn soup is particularly delicious while the unlimted iced tea is very refreshing.

This restaurant is quite popular but it is never necessary to wait in my experience.

1  Thank Victorianlad
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I have been a customer of this restaurant for some 6 years - ever since it first opened and I was surprised to find I had not previously reviewed it even though I go there at least 4 times a year..

Previously, I had always been completely satisfied with everything about the restaurant - especially the food and service but last night was a disappointment.

The food was still excellent. I love hot and sour soup and the Mr Choi's dim sum combination, Yang Chow Fried Rice, Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet and Eggplant with Minced Pork could not be faulted.

But the service was not as I had experienced in the past.
It took 10minutes to have the first order to be taken. I always order dishes separately so that all the food does not arrive at the same time. I keep the menu so I can order as the meal progresses.
Jasmin tea and Green MAngo Shakes were quickly served soon followed by the Hot and Sour soup but there was 4 minutes before soups was served to the rest of my party.
When my soup arrived, I then ordered Dim Sum and Tausi Spare Ribs. 10 minutes elapsed before we were served.
A waitress approached me as we were eating and asked if we could move tables. I refused as I had problems in the past in other restaurants ending up with wrong food orders and mistakes on the bill !
There was then another 5 minutes after we finished the dim sum before the main courses arrived.
When it did arrive, it was worth the wait but I was irritated when another waiter took the menu that I was using without asking so we decided not to have another course.

I paid the bill and then asked to speak to the manager but was told that there was no manager available.

I will go there again and hopefully, service will be better next time.

1  Thank franksO7945RW