“Water mouthed to yardshake!!!”
Review of Yardstick Coffee

Yardstick Coffee
Ranked #6 of 86 Coffee & Tea in Makati
Price range: USD 100 - USD 350
Description: Established 2014,Yardstick Coffee is a coffee company involved in the following businesses: • Commercial Roasting and Supply of Roasted Coffee Beans --We roast and supply specialty-grade Arabica coffee beans to various cafes, restaurants, and hotels. • Distribution of Coffee Equipment --We are the Philippine distributors of the following coffee equipment La Marzocco, Rocket Espresso, Marco Beverage Systems, Alpha Dominche, and Mazzer. Along with the sales of the equipment, we also handle the servicing and the spare parts. • Trainings and Workshops --We provide coffee-related trainings and workshops. We are also one of the accredited establishments to conduct training under the Speciality Coffee Association of Europe (SCAE) certification system. • Cafe & Retail Operations --We operate the Yardstick Coffee cafe in Esteban Street, Legaspi Village. We also operate as a coffee concessionaire for Cartel Deli in 119 Leviste Street, Salcedo Village.
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I've been there several times, tried their drinks, pasta, pastries, and waffles.
Although it's little pricy, it is still a charming place will let you go back routinely. First of all, I would say ppl worked there are pretty friendly, one time they even made me a free drink bec the item I ordered is sold out.
Secondly, their drinks are tasty, my friends like their ice chocolate, and I like their yardshake and black magic, you cannot find the same taste elsewhere. Shake is very creamy and directly made from ice cream, and its coffee is also fresh brewed, making this one tastes so much different; I also ordered black magic a lot, chocolate mixed with Americano, if you are finding something tastes less sweet, it's definitely your best choice.
Last but not the least, this place offers quiet and comfy ambiences, even pasta provided by your local's kitchen. I like their meatball pasta much delicious than any other same type of workshops. I did bring my friends there, and they all like it;)

Yardstick M, Guest Relations Manager at Yardstick Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Hi Riley,

We are happy that you enjoy our drinks, just as we enjoy making them for you! From your review, we see that you've explored our food & beverage menu. Cool! We are delighted to see guests who come in and be back with their friends and family. It humbles us.

Should your friends be into learning how to brew or pour, please do check out our coffee workshops!

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Yardstick used to be a cool place. But disappointment met me.

Beaten tables and chairs.
Unhappy cashier.
Dingy interiors.
Dirty floors.

What happened to Yardstick? Yes, the coffee is still good. But it's no longer the place one would want to hang out. I'd rather go to Starbucks or CBTL or Tobey's. They have warm customer service and good food.

I hope management will do something to revive the place.

Hi She,

We greatly appreciate your feedback. We understand your disappointment. We'll have you know that we've been trying to improve on these. It's not an easy process, and we too are learning from it, but we believe we're making progress, one step at a time. We hope you don't give up on us.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Good place to hang out with friends and chill out alone. Coffee and waffles are good - it brighten up my day! The cafe will be noisy when is crowded due to the echo.

Yardstick M, Manager at Yardstick Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Hi Ming,

Coffee and Waffles, our favorite comfort food combination! We are happy that it brightened your day. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Tried this "so called" coffee haven for the first time today . BIG MISTAKE.
Ordered a simple Machiato and a glass of water....well I had read some of the terrible reviews about the coffee in this place, about it being "burnt" and foul tasting and I just felt they were exaggerating, or that the coffee was merely "strong:" which is how I like it.

However, my Machiato arrived and one sip told me it was burnt, and like coffee grounds..and when I asked them where the bathroom facilities were and was directed to outside in the street I merely walked away leaving my coffee virtually untouched.

One can only assume that the clientele who frequent this place have never been overseas, or even tasted proper coffee in the Philippines as it is purely and simply rubbish. !!!

AND to think that they actually have the audacity to give lessons in coffee making !!!

Only in the Philippines !!

HI Peter,

Hope you're doing well. We highly appreciate your feedback and we are sorry to hear your bad experience.

We calibrate our coffees every shift and its the responsibility of our Head Barista or Supervisor to ensure that our coffees on our hopper are pleasant and on point to its taste notes. In your case, the beans might have been fresh, as coffee needs to be rested before use, or could be the coffee wasn't calibrated well. Either way, we take it as our responsibility and we apologise for this.

A lot has changed since, and we are trying to do our best to empower our front liners to be more assertive and have more empathy. Whenever guests ask for our wash room, we direct them to the building entrance politely. There will be instances that the staff might be occupied or could be misunderstood with their words and gestures. We guide and correct them whenever possible.

Our coffee workshops have been present since the first the start of Yardstick. Things have changed and we are very open to discussions and feedback most especially to those who take up the classes, to ensure that what we are doing is relevant. When you have the time, consider signing up for our classes, and let us know what you think after the class.

We are not the perfect cafe in the neighborhood, nor our coffees better than what they offer overseas, but we try our best to keep up, learn from our mistakes, and improve.

We hope you can give it another shot should you be back in town.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Love the laid back atmosphere of the place. You can just chill and hang out with friends while having a very good cup of coffee and waffles. FYI. Yes!! The waffles are to die for.. i think I must've forgotten my name for a minute there after puting it in my mouth.. still one of the best places for coffee in legazpi village.

Hi Selina,

Such kind words. We are humbled! When you're back, the newly added Chicken & Waffles might be your next go-to option. Let us know if it beats the time that you forget your name when you had your sweet waffles!