“Cool Place but Pricey”

Filling Station Bar Cafe
Ranked #99 of 1,605 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: FILLING STATION. The name seems to refer to a gas station but it actually refers to the historic 50's type diner located at 5012 P. Burgos St. in Makati. The restaurant is the brainchild of an ex-US navy chief cook who decided not to move back to the US when the base contract was not renewed. He resolved to put up a place similar to the diners in the 50's in the United States complete with posters from that era, an oil barrel, and 50's type working telephones, 50's type radios, television sets and movies. The place serves aside from the usual burgers, fries and shakes, continental dishes such as steaks, schnitzels, pizza and pasta. Dishes were named after cars and oil companies to give the place the ambiance of a real filling station like Ford for fish and chips, and Texaco for Caesar's salad. All time Filipino favorites like pancit canton, crispy pata, barbecues and Mexican Food are also available. But it didn't stop there. Late in 1997, with the company's continuing pursuit to improve the quality of the food, service and facilities,Filling Station was able to expand from twelve tables initially, to a thirty-eight table café complete with four billiard tables including a VIP room (also known as Marilyn's room). A bigger oil barrel bar was constructed to accommodate and better serve the patrons. So whenever you want to relax and enjoy friendly game of Pool or when the day calls for a filling meal, PLAY, DRAIN, and REFILL at the Filling Station! We also serve the coldest beer in town.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Location – located at the red light district of Makati. We just walked from our office to this resto. For those who’d like to bring their car, just an FYI, parking’s hard to find, better hail a cab or walk if you’re nearby.

Ambiance/Vibe – thumbs up! Interior is exceptionally amazing. The place is huge but around 8pm the place is almost full! Instagram-worthy!

Service/Staff – very friendly and attentive, special thanks for Nathan for assisting us, for taking photos and for always checking on us.

Food – Good, but there’s nothing special. It’s pretty much the same food you can get from any other resto within the metro.

Price – For me it’s really pricey – as mentioned there’s nothing special about the food. I have checked the nearby tables and most of them ordered milk shake and nachos.

Garlic Shrimp Diablo (I guess we only have 6pcs of shirmps) – Php 383.00
Chicken Soup (just a cup, {not bowl} of soup, not even good for sharing hehehe) – Php 128.00
Rice (Pork Adobo Flakes) – Php 293.00
Lechon Kawali ( normal slab) – Php303.00
Mango Freeze – Php135.00 *this is a must-try

The overall experience is great. If you’re looking for a great place to chill, (to travel back in time, perhaps) I’d definitely recommend Filling Station. But if you’re as frugal as me who want great food that’s worth every cent, this isn't the place for you. *peace!

_adashofash

This isn’t a sponsored post. All things written here are based on my 100% experience and personal views. Rates mentioned are subject to change.

xxAshxx

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank _adashofash

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Very lively dinning, great food. The place is busy and alive, the music is great and the decor is late 50's, eary 60's American roadhouse themed.
The food and the presentation is done in style and tasted very good. They cater for a wide variety, but the focus is on American. The portions are big, so come hungry.
They had no problem in adjusting the standard menu to my preference.
An absolute must if you visit Manila. Try to get a window seat and watch the show. It is worth every peso.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The Filling Station was located directly across the street from my hotel. I loved their menu which consisted of a ton of American favorites and a few Filipino specialties also. Food was resaonably priced and delicious but the drinks I though were priced a bit high. Service also was a tad slow but this place was open 24 hours a day and the food was spectacular. If I ever find myself back in Manila I would love to stop back by.

1  Thank E5743XBdavidw
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I will never go back to this place again. If you will dine here, make sure that you check the bill because they might charge you for something you did not order. But this is a bit tricky because they do not give a proper invoice with the proper breakdown of orders. They also do not issue OR unless you requested for it. Good thing we did our own computation because they overbilled us by Php 600+. They are also overpriced. Their servings might be big but the quality and service are totally not worth what we paid for. We are UNHAPPY customers.

1  Thank Camille J
Reviewed 13 March 2018

The Filling Station is made to look like an American dinner from the 1950's. The wait staff were nice and the food was ok. It's in a great location on the main drag. Was a nice change from the local food options.

Date of visit: February 2018