2,505 results
All reviews salon de ning spices restaurant fax machine halo halo grand lobby lobby restaurant breakfast buffet star hotel turn down service beautiful hotel club floor pool area is business trip ayala triangle superior room fitness center business district
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This hotel would have been better if they won't allow Prostitutes to wait for their clients in the lobby and while waiting would still be in the look-out for future customers.
My husband just went down to get some change from the front desk and guess what, he was handed some pictures,home address,phone number and spoke to a prostitute waiting for her customer to arrive. That prostitute was known to these people in the front desk because when she introduced herself to my husnband she told him she was there just to pass the time chatting with her friends in the front desk. It is disgusting to know this hotel should allow this and possibly ruin a marriage in the futuure. I am very,very disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank nelia z
JosephArias, The Peninsula Manila at The Peninsula Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Ms. Nelia Z,

I am very disturbed by the unpleasant experience which you and your husband went through during your recent stay with us. Please rest assured I take this very seriously as we have strict Security and Safety policies.

I would very much like to have the opportunity to speak to you to gain further specific information on this unfortunate experience. I hope that you could contact me through my e-mail: sonjavodusek@peninsula.com so that we could correspond accordingly. Once again, my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I booked a premier suite for 2 nights and when i got there around 3pm i didnt have the room quickly because its not yet available they said. And so we waited at the lobby then the receptionist came to us and gave us the key card and also told us sorry because of the delay and a complementary room upgrade to executive suite! exactly what a five star hotel should do and Im happy for that. when we entered the room theres a welcome fruits and water. very accommodating housekeeper because we asked for additional 4 pillows and 2 blankets and a lot of bottled water and its for free so he gave us all that with a smile on his face. to make it short, it was a pleasant stay in manila peninsula. worth the price over all. :) im sure to visit the place again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Emmanuelle L
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years and was pleasantly surprised when the desk recalled my old address from previous booking.

The room I had was very good. Well maintained and clean, with first class fixtures, such as an all-marble bathroom with separate walk-in shower. The wifi connection was included in the room rate and worked well enough to stream video (that's pretty quick). Nice touches include the "Peninsula" name on just about everything. Bed was very comfortable.

As mentioned above, the "hardware" is all here. The Peninsular is a great property and all the requirements for a world class hotel are present. The lobby is spectacular, particularly with the band up above later in the day. The bars are excellent, and the pool bar is a nice laid-back alternative, again with a good wifi internet connection. The range of restaurants are perfectly balanced, and again the "hardware" is all there. Everything would be just peachy, if it wasn't for the fact that you actually have to eat there...

I did not try the "Old Manila" restaurant, which I suspect might be rather good. However, I did give the "Escolta" restaurant and the pool bar a pretty good try. The buffet offerings are all standard for a first class outlet, but I have to say the quality here is patchy. The elements of the cooked breakfast, for instance, included bacon that was cooked so much it crumbled when you tried to stick a fork in it. Tomatoes were sitting in a sort of watery liquid that didn't look or taste very appetising. I daren't sample the baked beans that looked anaemic in a patchy sort of way.
Again, the pastry and bread selection was disappointing. The croissants were stale and the only selection of bread was those square processed "toast" breads. Saving grace is the fresh orange juice.

A visit in the evening for dinner was also not very encouraging. It all looked great, but when you actually start to eat it... One dish was Osso Bucco, one of my favourites. Taste was not too bad, but would have been better if it had not been presented in a heap of meat and bones.
Eating at the pool bar was very pleasant, but the mini burgers I ordered could have been far better, if the cook had concentrated on making sure his ingredients were fresh and good quality, rather than bothering to finely chop bell peppers and one or two unidentifiable bits on top.

My only other niggle would be the guys standing around outside the main entrance. The security is great, effective yet unobtrusive, but who are those other guys standing around? One guy did all the work calling taxis, while the others stood around chatting and watching. Taxis arrived eventually, but a little effort could be put in to explain the hotel car options, which I would have taken in at least one case.

I feel I have been a bit harsh on this hotel, which is still a great place to stay and largely worthy of the Peninsula name, despite my gripes. And I think as you are supposed to say when leaving the Philippines, I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Chidlom
JosephArias, The Peninsula Manila at The Peninsula Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your patronage in spite of our shortcomings during your recent stay. We are certainly working on the concerns that you've pointed out regarding food quality and porte cochere service. I look forward to communicating with you directly through my e-mail: sonjavodusek@peninsula.com.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

1. lots of bed bugs - i have to call house keeper 5 AM because i cannot sleep the whole bed is very itchy and I end up sleeping at the floor. The following nights were OK after that incident.

2. read carefully your bills - I end up paying for an imported beer for 650PHP which I have never consumed. I specifically told the recep that I did not consume anything from the bar.

i must say.... food, gym, transport service, security and service staff are nice.

Room Tip: right wing facing lobby is the best...close proximity to the gym and pool as well as where bfast is served....3rd floor has access to the terrace where live music is played every night...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Glen B

Dear Sir,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused you during your stay and are currently addressing the issues that you have raised. We hope that these will not prevent you from choosing to stay with us again on your next visit to Manila. I would personally wish to get in touch with you directly through my e-mail: sonjavodusek@peninsula.com.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We split our time on this trip between the Pen and Sofitel. Both were lovely. The Pen is a bit fancier and has slightly better service. Also closer to the various shopping opportunities in Makati and Greenbelt. However, I have to say that if you want to lounge by the pool the Sofitel was better for that as hard to compare their large grounds and bay views with the small fenced in pool of the Pen.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple