All reviews quiet street premier suite breakfast buffet small hotel fast food bathroom floor nice breakfast hot water filipino food walking distance air conditioning nice stay an overnight stay budget hotel checking in taxi manila
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights as I was working on Chinese visa. It’s a 10 min walk to the embassy. There are restaurants and shops in the area.

Things I liked:
- Friendly Staff
- Breakfast Buffet
- Big Bed
- Toiletries
- Coffee and Bottled Water
- Fast wifi
- Located in a quiet street
- Housekeeping everyday

There’s was one issue I had and that is water leaking on the bathroom floor. It has to be fixed.

My overall stay was good. I’d definitely stay again and recommend it to friends.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I was blown away with how helpful Guijo Suites staff were! I just came from another country that was not at all friendly or welcoming so it was a huge relief to have my first 2 days in the Philippines at Guijo Suites. I had to bring 2 large suitcases with me on a plane from the other country, plus a large backpack and smaller carry-on suitcase. I was going to be traveling to another island for one month and really didn't want to bring my two large suitcases with me. I asked the front desk staff if they knew of a storage facility and they asked their manager who said I could leave them at the hotel....FOR FREE! I was so grateful. The country I left didn't have any cheap options at the airport of leaving my suitcases there until I came back for them on my way home. And now Guijo Suites was going to hold them for me for one month!
They had so many staff members who helped take my luggage up to my room, helped getting my luggage into and out of taxis. And the front desk will call you a grab taxi anytime! So helpful :) Maybe this kind of service is commonplace for some countries, or if you stay at a higher end hotel. But the country I had left after one year would never help you in these ways!
Another way they went above and beyond was after one month I needed to extend my stay by a week (I'm on a different island at this point). I couldn't remember which day I had made a reservation with them before I flew out of Manila so I emailed and asked if I could change dates (and if they could still store my luggage). I received a prompt email saying it was no problem to change my reservation (even though I realized I had contacted them the day after my original reservation had been made).
On top of all of that, the hotel was very clean and comfortable. I never had the breakfast or other food so I can't comment on that.
I will definitely stay here again when I return to the Philippines!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and my husband and I enjoyed it.The room is clean, modern beautiful interior decoration. Bed is so comfortable and clean. Breakfast is good ,wide range of variety of breakfast meals. But the only bad side about it was that...lots of mosquito.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I don't usually stay in a hotel whenever I travel back to the Philippines but this one is an exception! I booked my stay for two nights to make sure I have a nice and quiet place to rest after the traveling i do around and out of the city. The place nestles right in the middle of the city where everything has easy access...just have to bear with the weather (just started to get used to it). Everything is already prepared for you....very cozy and inviting. Staff is courteous and nice and will always assist you whenever you need it. I love the morning breakfast because they went far and beyond with the choices which I didn't see on a regular hotel I stayed back in the US. I will definitely recommend this to my foreign friends whenever they plan to visit and I will surely come back here....thank you so much for making my stay comfortable and simply fantastic! And you what I stayed one more night!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We certainly had a wonderful time in Guijo Suites prior to my hubby leaving for Canada and us back to Butuan City. It's just near to the airport, few minutes away and close to the visa offices. Ideal for travellers and families. Cozy and fragrant lobby which smells clean and good. The room we stayed has a queen size bed and for us the space was good enough for us three. Price of the room I should say is median and affordable. I guess that's the reason why there were always guests coming in. We like best the breakfast buffet that serves at the breakfast dining area up until 10am. Food was fresh and has lots of variety. Staff were friendly and responsive. Only thing that was a little off because our AC was acting up, so we had a small flood beneath it which is beside the bed so our feet got wet. Over-all it was an amazing experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family