All reviews quiet street premier suite breakfast buffet small hotel fast food bathroom floor nice breakfast hot water filipino food walking distance air conditioning nice stay an overnight stay budget hotel checking in taxi manila
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and i decided to stay here with the family because we need to do some important things on the next day. When we arrived the staff are very accomodating and helpful ( Eric ) and the rest of the staff too very polite. And hotel was clean tidy not expensive too. Worth it!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank esmie08
Reviewed 30 June 2018

Stay for 7 nights in June 2018 beds are firm but super comfy Air/Cond cold block out curtains keep the room dark and quiet staff very friendly service great nice café/bar with top service from Arnie only flaw is breakfast needs more variety and juice.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This hotel is a little gem that is going to make a name for itself as time goes by. Let's talk about those things that people like about a hotel stay but not every hotel is able to deliver.
Check in - smoothest and fastest in my experience. The receptionist was efficient and very helpful. I would also like to add that the staff at reception were great when I needed a Grab taxi. They ordered, told me the cost, and then informed me when the vehicle had arrived.
Hot Shower - gold medal for this effort. You could only have the hot water tap turned to just under 50% for a lovely hot shower. Any higher and it was 3rd degree burns. :)
Menu and Food - The room service for meals would put a 5 star hotel to shame. usually you expect to get a meal after 30 minutes or more. Not at Guijo. 15 minutes and you were eating. Also the range of food available was impressive. A nice mix of Filipino and western.
Internet - Bravo! They must have at least 2 routers on each floor. Super good internet. For me this is the most important as that's my work place - online.
Air Conditioning - It was a split system. That means sheer bliss with the quiet operation of the unit.
During my stay I also found out about flat batteries in key card door locking systems. While the experience finding somebody drunk, and asleep on my bed was a bit of a shock, the management handled it well and I learnt a valuable lesson in door security.
Breakfast - the free breakfasts at some hotels are usually a bit blah, but limitless brewed coffee, fresh fruit, cereal, toast and a mix of western and Filipino food was pretty good. I would have preferred eggs sunnyside up, but I managed okay.
The Bar - there is a small bar and eating area past reception. It was a great place to work and watch the world go by while having a drink and a meal.
The location of the hotel was okay if you want peace and quiet. Ayala Street is the nearest main road and you are a 120 peso Grab ride from Greenbelt. If you can't be bothered battling the traffic here are a couple of suggestions:
I walked. It's about 500 metres to the main road and cross Ayala and you will find a 7-11. If you want a bar, then there is a small intimate bar about 50 metres from the hotel. Peaceful, quiet, pleasant. Take a right on leaving the hotel and walk down to the end of the street. Turn left and there are a couple of very nice restaurants and bars. Keep walking and take the next left and you will come to a place called Black Dog. Live music but bad acoustics, a bar, tables in a barn-like setting, and then a choice of foods from different countries. Cheap and the beer is cold. Highly recommended. This place is fairly new by the look of it.
If you are in Manila to get your Chinese visa (well, it's possible!), you can walk to the embassy from Guijo Suites. It took me 15 minutes and faster than any taxi.
I will be making this hotel my Manila home in future.
Suggestions: It's far too warm in the breakfast room. The two aircons can't cope and I suggest they add a couple of fans to circulate the air.
As well as the coffee, I suggest they add some cold fruit juice as well at breakfast. I bought my own at the 7-11 and took it with me to breakfast. Mango and banana.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet due to the hotel's location.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 25 May 2018

I booked a deluxe room for my family of three for a night as I will be attending a conference in Guijo Suites through their website as it offered 10% prepayment. We were upgraded to a one-bedroom unit, but they charged my husband more than the balance. Good thing I saw this. They made a mistake with the charges and was able to fix it. The room was great. There was a sitting room and a small kitchenette. Bad thing was, the electricity won't automatically turn on when you insert the card in the slot. We raised this to the FO and they sent someone, but the maintenance guy only said to leave the card there in the slot and just ask the FO for a separate key. This totally defeats the purpose of saving energy. Anyway, we didn't and just waited everytime. I was sad about this but I won't leave the power on when we're all out. Breakfast was pretty basic, but good enough for the price we paid for the room, of course. Staff at the dining hall were nice. I was so careful with the towels, though, coz the notices say that they will charge you for hard-to-remove stain. Hahaha!

Check-out was fast. It was overall a good stay if only for the power. Sigh.

Room Tip: Unless they've fixed it, not 405.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights, excellent in service, room is clean and with comfortable bed and linen are great , ac is very cold and with nice garden to relax after a great breakfast , more than value for money.try the great sea food marinara pasta and chicken club house sandwich at restaurant.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple