“Delicious Japanese food, but horrible wine list”

UMU Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #81 of 1,556 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Telephone + 63 2 867 3333
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The service was superb. Atmosphere is nice and quiet so it was easy to have a conversation. Food was excellent, and I enjoyed all the fresh sashimi. Looking forward to trying Wagyu next time. My only complaint was their wine list is not good at all. I enjoy my meals more if I can pair with a good glass of wine. I tried two glasses - a white and a red. Complete disappointment.

Dusit M, General Manager at UMU Japanese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear M W,

Thank you for dining at UMU and for taking the time to write and share your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

We work really hard to offer the freshest and most authentic Japanese food in the best possible environment, so I am happy to see that reflected on your last visit. Noted on the points given about the wine list. Rest assured that we welcome all feedback as hearing from our customers is the best way we can improve our business.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

UMU is definitely my favorite japanese restaurant. Went back last March 20 to have Katsudon and as always, t'was superb good minus the rice.

Mary Ann assisted me during my dinner and she's really friendly. She's a gem so keep her. Want to see her once I visit the place again.

Dusit M, General Manager at UMU Japanese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Dayanara A,

Warm greetings from UMU!

Thank you very much for taking the time and giving us review.

We are very pleased to know that you love coming back at the restaurant for our Katsudon. Mary Ann and all our staff believed in providing gracious hospitality to our guests. I agree with you that she's a gem to UMU and we really plan to keep her for a long time.

Thank you once again for your positive comment and we all look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Place is nice friendly staff food is awesome reasonable price. We will definetly go back here. Happy tummy

Dusit M, General Manager at UMU Japanese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Arnel B,

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Very excellent wagyu. The best teppan cuisine in Makati. Also have the freshest choices of sashimi and sushi.

Dear Renji H,

We agree with you that Umu has the best wagyu. We work really hard to offer the freshest and most authentic Japanese food in the best possible environment, so I am happy to see that reflected on your last visit.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Sashimi is one of my favorite
Best place to date your special someone
Food presentation was so goood

1  Thank Raymond G

Dear Raymond G,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to serve you and offer you the best dining experience at UMU.

Thank you once again for choosing UMU and we're glad to have gained your confidence. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at the restaurant.