1,226 results
All reviewswasher and dryerbedroom apartmentglorietta mallfull kitchenthe penthouselong term stayhome away from homebreakfast buffetlocation is greatnon smokingnice pooldefinitely stay here againlate checkfitness centermakati areabusiness districtoakwood
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I can not comment on the hotel itself, my comment is on the interaction of their reservation’s system. When booking online, there is an option to contact the Ascott group for extended stays and receive special pricing on such.
My upcoming trip requires me to stay in Manila for one month, and so I submitted the request for an extended stay with the Ascott Makati. I waited a week, and got no response. Being pressed for time to make the reservation, I sent a second request that included the details of my first one. Three weeks have since gone by and no response what so ever. Obviously they got my emails, since now I’m on their distribution list and getting all of their promotional emails.
So now I’ve made my reservations at the Shangri-La Makati, where I’ve stayed before, and have always had a wonderful experience. The Ascott group will be far from my future considerations for my regular travel to the Philippines simply based on their lack of responsiveness.

Stayed: September 2007
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear dmtravelerlv,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with reservations. We have rectified this matter to ensure responses with a 24 hour period.

Reviewed 14 March 2007

I booked this hotel before reading TripAdvisor and was immediately concerned by the bad reviews. So I sent the reservations manager a link to the TripAdvisor site and told her I was looking forward to refuting some of the bad comments. I guess it helped to give the staff a heads up because they were literally falling all over themselves to give us great service.

The four of us stayed at a 2-bedroom, 2 bath unit at this centrally located hotel from Dec.1 - 10. The high floor unit was spacious and fully equipped like a small condominium with washer and dryer. Lots of room in the dining and living room area. Bedrooms were also large and private. We had a great view of the Ayala shopping complex, and because it was the Christmas holiday, we were treated to fireworks displays which we could watch from our windows. Great for entertaining visitors. Order food from one of the local restaurants, leave payment with front desk and they deliver up to our room (much cheaper than room service).

Value: Definitely contact the local office for deals (we emailed alot). It's better than going through the website. We saved about $70 per day. Room service is pricey -- didn't bother with hotel restaurant as there are so many choices right outside the front door.

Location: sits right on top of a bustling shopping area and lots of good dining establishments.

Transportation and traffic: heavy (especially because of the holiday) - we hired a driver and car and the hotel gave out daily vouchers for free in-out parking privileges. Parking was underground and easily accessible with a place for the drivers to wait and watch TV.

Accommodations: Very clean - some replacements necessary - our bedroom curtains had small holes. Shower drain was slow. Good sound-proofing. Restrictions as to the number of visitors -- they don't want you throwing parties in your room, of course. It's seemingly minor but for the life of us, we couldn't open those shampoo and lotion bottles!

Security: Very tight -- guards and dogs. Security desk for visitors. Felt very safe.

Service: Very courteous, quick to respond. Asked for a hairdryer at 1am and got it. My friend was sick and they went to nearby supermarket to purchase and deliver fresh ginger. Clogged toilet and slow shower drain- responded within 5 minutes. Front desk was a little slow, though. Business office folks typed up my fax message because recepient couldn't understand my scribbles and the secretary wouldn't accept a tip.

Spa Services - Maybe got a rookie but received the worst massage service there --complained and management was quick to give us another complimentary one -- this time with a better masseuse. Be wary of sob stories -- we got the same ones from different people --I guess a ploy for a larger tip? They have one-on-one pilates and weight training -- which my sisters did and liked the personal trainers.

Breakfast buffet - typical but pricey. We had 2 complimentary each day with our stay but $16 for extra person.

Downside - for some reason, they decided to fumigate our apartment during our stay. (Didn't see any bugs). Luckily we were gone early and did not return till late. Curious--they should have waited until we departed.

Lastly, as I am very familiar with the culture, I've been told that sometimes the locals are not treated as well as Caucasians-- a reverse discrimination if you will, or colonial mentality. For the record, we had Filipinos in our party and we were all equally well-treated. As far as our personal experience goes, I would put that notion to rest.

Note: While we were there, we received notice that Oakwood had been purchased by a Singapore(?) group (can't remember), so things may change a bit.

Overall: Yes, I could find less expensive accommodations but the service and location makes up for the few extra dollars. I definitely will stay there again and have already referred this hotel to my friends.

Stayed: December 2006
4  Thank tripsntraps

Dear tripsntraps,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate feedback you have provided and your positive comments towards our location and product.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2007

We stayed here last year for 2 days when we had a vacation in the philippines and we love it.Great location coz its just afew steps away from glorietta mall and a lot of restaurants you can choose from.The place is a condo type with kitchen and theres even a washer and dryer for your dirty clothes.Its a bit pricy though.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank det70

Dear det70,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your constructive and positive comments.

Reviewed 18 May 2006

My husband and I love staying at Oakwood. They have the most spacious and beautiful rooms ideal for families, and couples like us. The ambience is very homey. Evrything you need is there - dvd player, stereo, washer and dryer, etc. Cant ask for anything more! The location is phenomenal - it is on top of the Glorietta mall and short walk to Greenbelt. They have a very nice pool (i love it!) and the gym is well equipped and not crowded. Best breakfast buffet in town. It is definitely the best hotel to stay in Makati. Suggest you email the hotel directly and ask for discounted rates thru their sales office, as rates are more expensive when booked thru a travel agency.

• Stayed: January 2006
6  Thank savvy16

Dear Melissa,

Appreciate your feedback on Oakwood.

Management

Reviewed 11 April 2006

i stayed there last year, and i remember taking note of the the bad service they have, this year, we stayed there again for new year, and again for my little cousin's mini slumber party. i guess we never learn, partly our fault too. the service is really bad. they were disrespectful of the guests. for a 5 star hotel, they don't know how to communicate well with their clients. not a hotel to be recommended to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank Cruiser2084

Dear Katrina,

Appreciate your feedback on Oakwood.

Management