1,228 results
All reviewswasher and dryerbedroom apartmentglorietta mallfull kitchenthe penthouselong term stayhome away from homebreakfast buffetlocation is greatnon smokingnice pooldefinitely stay here againlate checkfitness centermakati areabusiness districtoakwood
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My family and I decided to stay here to celebrate Christmas since this is one of the few hotels that offer suites with good kitchen, and we weren't disappointed about it. Our two-bedroom suite was big and they provided almost everything we need in the kitchen. But I already expected that and was hoping to experience more. Too bad, my expectations were not exceeded.

Good Points: Their big windows in every room. Their entertainment system where cables are available so I could plug in my laptop and watch movies. L'occitane amenities were also a big plus! I also like to applaud the quick and efficient response of the staff when we experience some trouble in our room. The hotel is also located beside different malls and is just a three-minute walk to Ayala MRT station.

Negative Points: Check in was quite slow though I can understand that they were accommodating a lot of guests since it's the holidays. The first thing I noticed was the key slot in one of their elevators were not working properly which could cause delay. Also the carpeting on both the hallway and in our room looks worn already. I also remembered requesting for a non-smoking room but when we got inside our room, I noticed that ashtrays were provided. The couch in the receiving area wasn't comfortable and was lumpy in all the wrong places. In their website, they stated that they allow up to 4 persons to stay in a 2-bedroom unit so I wasn't so happy when I saw that they second room isn't big enough for 2 persons. The tiles in the bathroom need major scrubbing and they need to replace their toilets. One of them broke upon first use. The fridge, when we arrived, was quite noisy. One of the lamp stands in the receiving area was also not working and we had (again) to call someone to replace the light bulb. Also some of the fixtures look antiquated already. For a 5-star hotel, this fact doesn't sit well.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kay R
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Thank you for letting us know about your stay experience in Ascott Makati. It is always our goal to exceed the expectations of our guests and regretably on this occassion, we have fallen short of your expectations.

We are currently in the process of replacing our carpets which will happen over a period of time. In addition, we have an ongoing maintenance program for our apartments. May we request that you send us a message on your specific apartment number so that we may place this apartment in priority? Lastly, your review has been shared with our Management team so that we may be able to take the necessary actions for improvement.

Once again our sincerest apologies and we will take in your feedback as a means for improving our service.

The Management
Ascott Makati

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I am thrilled with my stay experience at Ascott Makati. Service was great, hotel staff were very courteous and helpful. I had a great window view when I was here. Overall, I had a very relaxing and smooth stay here.

Room Tip: Try to be a member online and experience discounted rates for your stay.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank scumdazzle
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I booked a 3 bedroom executive appartment via the Ascot website for 7 nights and the experience was flawless.
The accomodation was fantastic with 3 large ensuite bedrooms one complete with a balcony with excellent views over the manila skyline.
The staff were fantastic and had a great sense of humour especially Danny the barman..what a great story teller but an awful magician..

The food in the restaurant was excellent as was breakfast which was included within our rate..
Security is first class
Beds really comfortable and clean...the room boys visited every day and were brilliant
Location first class, go out the front door and get the doormen to call a taxi or turn left walk 30 paces and walk into the mall..where you will find the the money changer who gives the best rate in town..ask security as you walk into the mall for directions (as much as 10% more) its only 2 mins away

My only complaint and I am not the only one to complain about this(previous postings) is that twice they had functions on in the bar/restaurant area and we were not allowed access although we were allowed to sit at a table within a small meeting room..really poor judgement

Room Tip: do not change money with Ascot..go into the mall next door
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank a_scotatheart

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Plusses: huge apartment complete with kitchen utensils and cook ware; Perfect location; excellent staff from security, wait staff at cafe, reception, gym, engineering. Even shined shoes for free just with one phone call. Breakfast was very good. Bed, bathroom, giant lounge, couch were very good.fresh fruits were and a personal note was a nice touch. Nice gym with good machines and weights.

Can be improved: communication through expedia. Asked a question about room configuration which they never answered. If i knew that what i requested was not possible, i might have booked somewhere else. During our first breakfast, was informed that only one person was allowed to have free breakfast even though apartment was for 2. Definitely an awkward situation. But after talking and complaining to wait staff that this is a weird arrangement, they made breakfasts for 2, not just one complimentary. Having to pay for internet. I hate this as many hotels and airports in asia offer free internet.

Overall, despite few minor minuses, will stay here again, and will recommend to many visitors.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TonyFNewZealand

Reviewed 5 December 2012

We were in need for a place that can have 4 adults residing at one time. Other hotels online would set their maximum number of adults per room at 2. The Ascott was on the top of my list. I was also looking for a place near a shopping area in Makati. The location is excellent since its next to several shopping centers and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and at the hotels ground floor. The room we stayed in had 2 seperate bedrooms and 1 small bedroom. All bedrooms had their own bathrooms with shower. The view on the two main bedrooms was great. The kitchen would have been nice to use if we would have stayed longer. The dining room was elegant as well. The living room had a nice tv set up which included surround sound. We didnt have time to watch a movie together but we did listen to music. The apartment itself was spacious so it felt like home. There were also plenty of closets to store luggage in. I like it that the hotel offered free wi-fi, some places still charge for this service. The reservation also included 2 free breakfast meals at the hotel restaurant "On the 6th" which served the usual hotel buffet setup but with a modern look. The hotels common areas were also welcoming. We did get a chance to take a swim in the pool the next morning. We would highly consider going back to the Ascott the next time we are in Makati.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 22nd floor and it was great. The view looked out to the park and shopping centers out front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family