1,258 results
All reviews washer and dryer bedroom apartment glorietta mall full kitchen the penthouse home away from home breakfast buffet location is great non smoking nice pool definitely stay here again late check makati area business district oakwood shopping gym
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Arrived at the Ascot with my party of 12 early evening. I had confirmed our rooms the day prior to arrival however the receptionist had problems finding all of the bookings (3 x 2 bedrooms) even though I had paperwork with booking number. Bedding had also been confirmed but this was also a problem. Offered to put extra bed in each apartment at an additional price. After some negotiation she agreed not to charge me. Breakfast was only included for 2 people per apartment. The assortment of food was nothing to brag about. I asked reception if they could confirm our airport transfers however this is not a service that the Ascott offer. Gym was good and well equipped. Apartment was a little tired however my room had a fantastic view of the city which made up for it. The Ascott is in a really good convenient and safe location. The door staff were quite nice but found reception staff to be unhelpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the centre of Glorietta (city view) rather than overlook the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank happestos
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Not the best arrival - After Friday afternoon Manila traffic from the airport (1.30hr) we were processed as usual by the efficient staff. However the apartment was not quite what we had booked so I returned to the desk - it took another 45 minutes of 'negociations' to sort out something convenient.

Once this was sorted the place is amazing, well serviced, within walking distance to many restaurants and a big SM shopping mall.

The highlights have to be the swimming pool and the rooms themselves, although it is a bit awkward to walk from the swimming pool to the changing rooms (through the lobby).

There are however a couple of points that could be improved. The package I booked included breakfast in a two double room residence, however only two breakfasts were included (not a problem since we prepared breakfast in our own kitchen). Be aware that when booking a two room residence the plan on their website is not accurate.

The other is Wifi charges. Only PHP550 but on this age internet for the international traveller a good wifi is like expecting hot water. For basic connection (browsing and e-mail) I believe should be complimentary on any reputable place. I did mention that I wasn't happy about this on arrival but as needed to sort out my flights and check out places to visit I ordered it anyway. I was nice to see that the charges were not on the final bill.

Room Tip: There is some construction going on at the back of the hotel (building another skyscrapper) - If you have a light sleep and don't want to wake up at 8am get a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank gaspar

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We have been staying here for the past 2 years and I have enjoyed our stay so much that we keep coming back. The biggest asset this hotel has are their STAFF! The people that makes your stay wonderful, welcoming and just great! Special mention to their concierge staff Lester, always smiling and very kind. Paula, Sharon and all the staff at the front Office, the Duty Manager Jose, very considerate and upgraded us, the staff from Hertz, Richard and George and the security people all of them, who greets you with a genuine smile as soon as you enter and when u get back.

The rooms are good and huge and very clean, but needs refurbishing. The kitchen is fully equipped and the LOCATION... you cannot beat the location! It is attached to Glorietta Mall and in the center of Ayala, Makati!

They have a washing machine and dryer, so its really good and your clothes are dry like being at home. I was in a 3 bedroom, with 3 bathrooms, 1 king size bed and mater suite bathroom, one queen size bed on the second room with bathroom and one single bed in another room and a bathroom too for guests ( not just a toilet ).

The pool is nice and huge with jacuzzi and small pool for little babies ;)

Overall, wonderful! If u need any questions about this hotel/apartment, let me know ;)

Room Tip: The hotel is in the Central Business district so you can see the Makati Skyline and roads, not much view since it is a city hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TEYWEY

Reviewed 14 August 2012

The only reason I gave this property an average rating was because the location is great with direct access to Glorietta mall and Greenbelt for wonderful restaurants and high end shopping. We traveled as an extended family so we got 3 rooms - 2 2-bd rooms and 1 3-bd rooms. Here are the negatives: this hotel obviously needs updating - furniture and fixtures in rooms were very dated and seemed to be the original from when the hotel was built. Worse of all was the smell - moldy, wet dog smell permeated the whole hotel - rooms, hallways, elevator, better in lobby but then ventilation was good there. I'm not sure if a typical PI typhoon had badly affected the hotel recently but they really need to at least change all the carpets to address this. Breakfast buffet was typical and since it came with the price of the rooms we ate there but if we had to pay for it we would have opted for better variety and selections of ala carte items elsewhere. Service - staff were generally friendly but during check-in one of our party (who checked in later) was generally ignored by the front desk staff considering she waited patiently while they took care of guests before her but when they were done seemed that each of them were'nt that interested in taking care of another guest till it was called to their attention by the guest - hello I would like to check in too! Any way did not bother with front desk until checkout. Bell staff and concierge were far better - always helpful, friendly, courteous, and answered many inquiries from one of our family members whose was visiting the PI for the first time. If you are traveling to Makati for the first time with a large group then this hotel is a great location and you can safely walk around to shopping and great food that PI has to offer but for repeaters you can fine better 5 star hotels in the same vacinity - Shangrila, New World, Inter-Con. etc.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MYSPIKE

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I booked a room in advance online months before. Upon arrival, they had UN happy team to greet you like you have no money and look at you like you probably have no intentions of paying.
The manager at the front told me that they don't have any clean rooms available - non smoking tower.
Only to be given a smokers room that wasn't cleaned and to be told I would have to wait - 1 hour for the room to be cleaned. My children suffer from asthma and I was paranoid about the lurking smell of smoke in the room. At to my disgust it was true.
I paid $200.00 aud per night, for a disgusting smelly room.
Which they kindly transferred me to a different tower the next day after several complaints.
The manager told me that holding a visa debit card as security was not an option and I needed to deposit cash, only holding AUD money I gave it to her and them she tried to coax me into exchanging it at the hotel as a payment.
What the hell !
I've stayed at intercontinental across the road and they've kindly accepted my card as security payment. !
Breakfast is okay but don't bother with coffee as it tastes like hard Turkish coffee no matter how many times I've requested a milky coffee.
The service downstairs security is great friendly and very helpful.
Only benefit of staying here is location washer/dryer and separated rooms.
The ladies need to smile a bit more - just because I walk in with a foreigner doesn't mean I am an automatic red light district worker that benefited through working in Manila.
I am also born overseas to a Filipino decent parent just coming back to the roots I inherited.

• Stayed: January 2012