1,240 results
All reviews washer and dryer bedroom apartment glorietta mall full kitchen the penthouse long term stay home away from home breakfast buffet location is great non smoking nice pool definitely stay here again late check fitness center makati area business district oakwood
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Whenever I travel to Manila I book my first nights at the Ascott (formerly the Oakwood) since it is an easy 30 minute drive from the airport, located right at the centre of the Glorietta mall and because it is provides a spacious temporary for my family.

We often get the two-bedroom deluxe with has a huge kitchen. The master bedroom is spacious as is the second bedroom both with their own bathrooms. Service is easy, and so is the check-in process. Amenities are a bit lacking but they are quick to provided upon request.

The two-bedroom comes with free buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant and the food choices are plentiful - providing both international and local food selections.

My only quip is that the bed in the second bedroom are not very comfortable. Maybe it is time to replace them?

There is an en-suite washing machine and dyer which makes a great convenience. They also provide free parking at the 3rd basement level of the hotel (accessible directly from the hotel elevators). The gym and spa facilities are excellent and the spa services are inexpensive.

I would definitely continue to book here and recommend to friends!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MariaVictoria0918
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Reviewed 26 February 2011

After much deliberation amongst many choices, my travel companion and I chose the Ascot due to its convenient location, excellent reviews, responsiveness of its reservations desk, and the "look" of the rooms on their corporate website.

On every level, I would rate Ascot with 5 stars, but I deducted them on in-room amenities for their 2 bdrm, 2ba suites. They are minor issues, but things I would expect to see at this price point. Namely-

1. the kitchen did not have any paper towels (there was one dish rag);
2. the TV in the second bedroom was a tube TV, while the TV in the "master" bedroom and living room were flatscreens
3. there was no Kleenex in the bathroom in the second bedroom
4. the door to the 2nd bedroom wouldn't stay closed all the way
5. the safe was located in the master bedroom, when it probably should be in a more neutral location within the suite

Like I said, however, these are all minor issues and would thus not preclude me from staying at the Ascot again.

Now here are some of the highlights - and there are plenty:
1. Excellent & convenient location- close to malls & MRT & eateries
2. Excellent and very helpful customer service. In fact, the Front Desk allowed us to check in four hours earlier than check-in without any hassles.
3. Breakfast buffet was delicious. On a daily basis, they changed up a number of the main courses for variety, while their fruit (esp the mango & pineapple) were very fresh & tasty.
4. Clean facilities e.g. gym, pool, restaurant, lobby
5. They let us borrow a power converter and transformer free of charge throughout the duration of our stay
6. In-room washer/dryer, with a free box of detergent
7. Free (#4) bottles of water daily
8. Very quiet despite the crowds & traffic outside
9. Security was very helpful in hailing cabs, so that we wouldn't have to wait in the cab bay (which was very daunting at times)
10. Huge size of the suite. Extremely private.
11. L'Occitaine toiletries replenished on a daily basis

The next time I go to Manila, I will definitely stay at the Ascot.

We paid about $210/night for a 2bd/2ba suite (internet access was extra). I actually didn't think for what we got, that the price was that expensive. I've stayed in places with much less space and amenities/facilities that charged more than the Ascot. So for the money, esp for those travelling with their family, I think the Ascot presents a good deal.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LASCMojo

Reviewed 22 February 2011

We stayed at a 2 bedroom hotel, it was huge with all the facilities you need to stay for weeks on end. It was very close to everything and a big plus the hotel linking to the Mall and restaurants. Close to nightclubs so you can crawl home. Would recommend this place for big families and groups travelling together with the convenience of everything at your door. My favourite was their fully equipped gym.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 February 2011

Located smack dab in the middle of Glorietta Mall, the Ascott is an ideal location. It is close to shopping, nightlife and the MRT at Ayala. It is about 20-30 minutes from the airport depending on traffic.

Slightly dated, it is still a really nice facility. My rate was no bargain at $200 USD a night, but buffet breakfast (decent) was included as were taxes.

The pool is nice and the service was top-notch. Still, I find it unsettling to pay this much for a hotel in Manila that would be less than half the cost in most places in the USA (and probably not as nice).

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Goodpace

Reviewed 17 January 2011

My family and I stayed at Room 2005 for three days and two nights. It has two bedrooms. Though the room is situated at the back portion of Ascott, I was not disappointed. The view is still breath-taking. To their facilities - I am so fascinated as I am extremely very particular to cleanliness. Everything is clean. Places that should be dry were really dry. The bathroom is well ventilated and they offer L'occitane toiletries. The room is very complete. We have our own washing machine and dryer, stove, fridge - you can basically do everything with comfort. Their closet is very ideal for people who bring many clothes. I admit to sleep very well with their bed. I did not complain for pillows which I usually do whenever I stay in a hotel. Flat-screen TVs on every room and in their living area. The place is very very ideal whenever you visit Manila, because everything is accessible - mall, dining places, and other leisures you desire. Ascott has it's own dining place called Cafe on the 6th (since it is located on the 6th floor). The food were extremely delicious. The ambiance is cozy and clean. Although I don't like their Flatscreen TVs in their dining areas - it is not a good thing/habit: eating, then watching TV - you can do it inside your rooms. Their amenities like their pool were very well-maintained. This place is my comfort zone in Manila. They have WIFI, but you've got to pay for it to avail their WIFI facility.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family