All reviews superior twin room burnham park walking distance included breakfast short stay baguio city extra bed session road cable tv hot water night market stayed for nights public market bathtub terminal budget signal
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Okay. I rarely give reviews on the hotels I've stayed in but this one is an exception because we're really disappointed. Our family checked-in for 2 nights at this hotel, superior and executive rooms. They have this "NO SMOKING" policy with a fine of 1k pesos, originally. My father smoked from the balcony area. Its an open area so I guess its ok for him to smoke. As we checked-out, they claimed that the room smelled like smoke and they cannot open the room for the next guest bec of it. They charged us 2k pesos for it. What I find alarming the most is that they changed the fine from 1,000pesos to 2k. Just like that. Seriously? And the list of other things to put here. Just to summariez.

This hotel is old, has rude staff, and absurd money making policies. Definitely, NOT RECOMMENDING THIS OR NOT GOING BACK HERE.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank 55chelles
Reviewed 26 August 2016

we only stayed there for a night, the staff were very accommodating but the hotel itself feels old, parking is awkward, breakfast is average, we did not try the other menu. location is nice because it is near the center of the city. not recommended for family because it is very near a bar-disco that is noisy. Value for money - average.

Room Tip: choose the on opposite the bar if you have kids
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I booked this hotel with the help of a former colleague in Baguio. I knew of Golden Pine Hotel since I used to work in the city. I found its location to be central and convenient. Our scheduled bus left Cubao at 2:30am, I was expecting to arrive in Baguio around 8am but to my surprise, we arrived at the terminal at 6:30am. We took a cab and dropped our baggage off at the Front Desk who were very helpful and accommodating. This was a big plus for me as the greeting and service was really sincere. I found out that the hotel was fully booked and that it would take a while before our room would be ready, so we decided to have breakfast first.

When we came back around 10:30, our room was not yet ready so I decided to just upgrade the room to a deluxe which was a bit bigger. The room had two double beds, very old but quiet and functional split type airconditioning, decent flat screen tv, with cloudy cable channel, an old bath tub with worn out amenities but still usable.

Our initial room was at the second floor which was very noisy even if one closed the windows so I requested to transfer to a higher floor, and the front desk supervisor quickly responded to my request. We transferred to room 407.

Overall, place is in a central location but can get a bit noisy during the night because of the proximity of night spots in the area. For me, all the negative aspects of this review is countered by the superb service of the staff and I give them 5 stars for the truly amazing and sincere service.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Dixon T
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

The staffs are very accomodating and helpful. They provided us informations and they also delivered our requests in no time. The room is clean and the hk team is also particular with linens, however, maybe they need to change the towels. Breakfast are okay, but they need to man it more such that they can attend each guests. And hopefully they can provide fresh or chilled juices as part of the breakfast, not powdered ones. The guards are also doing their jobs well. The only downfall during our stay was the renovation. We experienced hammering and drilling in between 8am-8pm, they are courteous enough to offer us another room but we refused because we're already set when we noticed the noise. The location is good and ideal when you have kids because it's near Burnham Park.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Friendly staffs. Very basic. Recommended for families/couples on tight budget. We stayed at Rm# 304, opposite to a night club and it was very noisy the whole night til 4am. It ruined our sleep.
All in all, not so nice but it was fine stay at least.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family