Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Far far away from the town I booked this hotel for the location, expecting to get beautiful lake views in a peaceful location away from the traffic.
In reality there were no views, the location was traffic free, but the hotel was a little noisy inside.

A taxi into town cost 10 soles.

The restaurant staff were exceptionally helpful and of a high-service level, in particular David, who speaks very good English.

Unfortunately about 8 years ago I developed an intolerance to gluten, and about 6 years ago an intolerance to lactose.
This make it very difficult for me to eat food that is buffet style, and I rely on honest information from the restaurant staff.
The first morning as soon as I put the scrambled eggs in my mouth I knew they contained milk.
I asked David if they could make me some scrambled eggs without milk, and it was absolutely no problem. Ditto the request for fresh bacon as the bacon on the buffet was sitting on toast.

The next morning I was warmly greeted by David and then "scrambled eggs without milk?"

With 150 guests in such a large hotel I was impressed by his memory, and the individual attention was much appreciated.

The reception staff were also high calibre: opening the door of my taxi as I arrived, greeting me with a warm handshake and carrying in my luggage. Even more impressively, they did the same when I left.

My room (101) was directly next to reception and the restaurant, so earplugs are essential as the restaurant noise only subsides from 10pm to 5am.

The windows in my room had no openings and there is no air conditioning unit.
I've never experienced this before.

Also that room is at the front of the hotel, where the buses and taxis pull in to collect and drop off guests.
There's also a group of ladies sitting on the hotel steps selling craftwares, so the curtains had to be completely closed for privacy.

However the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable, and there was lots of hot water if you ran the water for a few minutes.

Inside the hotel room there was a recycling bin, which was great to see, and a first so far for me in Peru.

The buffet breakfast was extensive, with a selection of:
Fresh fruit, fruit juices, cereals, milks, yogurts,  breads, cakes, cold meat, cheese, salad, cooked potatoes, pancakes, eggs, bacon, coffee, tea, coca leaves, hot water.

I got a glimpse of alpacas from the restaurant window on the second morning but then they vanished - I don't know where to.
I'd not been given any general information about the hotel on arrival, and there was no information in my room either, so I was unaware that animals were at the hotel.

This hotel seems mostly used by large tour groups, but it wasn't a problem for me, and my breakfast times were nicely quiet.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
XIMAhotels, Marketing Supervisor at XIMA Puno Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, this really helps us to continue working on delivering a great service. we hope you will return very soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Really enjoyed being able to observe the chefs at work. The room was clean and well maintained. Enjoyed looking out the bay window which overlooked peaceful lake view. We were on a motorcycle trip and they parked our bikes safe right out front. Hot and thirsty after our ride the courtyard out back was wonderful place to unwind. We were a large group of 12 for meals and the service and meals were excellent.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
XIMAhotels, Marketing Supervisor at XIMA Puno Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comment, we are glad you enjoyed the hotel, we hope you will return in during your next bike adventure.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I spent a few days in Feb 2018 at this hotel. Its a nice place , a bit far from town but good food and facilities . We had a problem getting our Bolivia visa due to our travel agent's mistakes , and i would like to single out William Turpo from the receprion who went above and beyond in providing assistance. Front dest staff are the image of the hotel and this young man is a real asset .

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
XIMAhotels, Marketing Supervisor at XIMA Puno Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your sincere comment, we will let William know about your recognition, we hope you will return very soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Xima is the old Eco Inn, similar to the one in Cusco - same type of room, furniture, amenities. But less maintained, worn out, like it has been host to the horde of huns. It is far from the center, so more quiet, and with 8-9 soles you can take a taxi. Breakfast was good, complementary water in the room, good wifi. The best thing is the window niche where you can relax. Warm enough in the night. The beds are very big, matrimonial is for 3 people. In the twin room I think you can have 4 people.
But it really needs a lot of work because the small details are important - stains on the floors, doors, walls, chipped tiles in the bath and so on.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
XIMAhotels, Marketing Supervisor at XIMA Puno Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your sincere comments, starting this month we have made big changes on the administration of the hotel, we know we have to work hard to give a fresh look to the hotel, those changes are already being taken care of.

We hope that in your next visit to Puno, you can stay with us and see the difference.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Clean, comfortable. Has a garden out back with llamas and alpacas. Be careful with them, one spit on me! The restaurant had good food. Hotel is located outside of town so it is very quiet. You would have to hire a taxi if you didn’t want to eat at the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
EcoInn, Marketing Supervisor at XIMA Puno Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Carrie,

Thank you very much for your comment, we are glad you enjoyed the hotel, our llama is very sorry for spit on you, she apologizes.

We hope you return very soon, or visit our hotel in Cusco if you haven’t yet.

Warm regards.