Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 September 2018

We stayed here for a total of 4 nights either side of a trip to the Titicaca islands. Firstly the people who run the hotel are very welcoming, friendly and helpful. We had great communication with the hotel prior to getting to Puno and they arranged to meet and collect us from the bus terminal upon our arrival. The hotel is very nicely presented throughout and is neat and clean. Our room was at the back overlooking the garden and was a good size, light and airy with very comfortable twin beds and the bathroom had a great shower with hot water on demand - there was even hot water at the washbasin (almost unheard of elsewhere during our travels). Unfortunately our room had an unpleasant smell about it which wasn’t really noticeable on arrival but grew over time. It meant we had to leave the window open during the day to allow in fresh air. I don’t necessarily think that this is a problem elsewhere in the hotel and, certainly, there were no issues in the communal areas. We also had a bit of an issue with the top eiderdowns on the beds (laid loose over the blankets) being a bit grubby although it has to be said that the bed linen was immaculate.
Breakfast was pretty good and comprised orange juice, eggs, deliciously fresh bread and jam, tea or coffee, served in a very pleasant area behind reception. The hotel is located just 10 minutes walk from the central area of Puno, probably 25 minutes from the port and half an hour from the bus terminal. Although it faces a busy road we found the place to be silent at night and we slept very well throughout our stay. The hotel is certainly in the budget class but has everything you need and we were quite happy there, although could have done without the smell in the bedroom.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in July and was quite glad to leave it by the end.

The lady receptionist, when she was there, was always kind and helpful. I recommend asking her for advice on how to get around/booking a tour.

I was in a dorm room and the beds are of varying comfort, some, like mine, with C-shaped mattresses and a very hard pillow. I always woke up in the middle of the night. It gets quite cold at night and there's no heating, but there are many blankets, so I think it was the altitude and discomfort.

The wi-fi is pretty weak and spotty. At one point it was cutting out every 60 seconds, even on the stairwell.

Breakfast is sufficient but not impressive. By Saturday the bread supply got very hard, stale, and old. I also found two tiny mold spots on my bread.

An okay place to stay for a night if your standards are low and you want to save money, but I would try somewhere else if you are staying longer.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed the quaintness of this small hotel. Great breakfast especially for the price. Very nice owner giving us a personal touch. Room was clean and close to two open markets. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Totorani Inn is budget but has all the amenities you need for a night or two. We were able to leave our luggage there for a night while we visited Lake Titicaca and the owner was very helpful. He organized taxis for us and helped us with our laundry. After a freezing cold night on an island, it was so nice to have a warm and comfortable room. One night we stayed, the shower didn't have hot water, so we notified the owner and he immediately fixed the problem. The room was fairly large with two beds, a sofa, closet and bathroom with large shower. Although it wasn't exactly in the historical center, it was a short walk to get to many areas of interest like restaurants and the main plaza. Many other people on our Titicaca trip complained about noise and dirty rooms in other hotels in Puno, so I was really happy we chose Totorani, it was clean and calm.Breakfast was also included so that was nice and the price was very cheap.

Room tip: We had a nice room overlooking the garden.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lzaino2424
Reviewed 22 February 2017

We stayed at this place for two nights and really enjoyed it. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the downtown restaurants, so it's nice to be in a little quieter area. The showers were hot, and they had space heaters in the room. They don't always have an english speaking person at the front desk. Usually with my limited Spanish speaking skills I could convey what I needed in Cusco, but the accent is different in Puno and conversation was hard. The people were extremely nice and helpful though, holding our luggage for us when we went on a overnight trip to Lake Titicaca. The owner even made sure to have our breakfast for us before we left. I would recommend using exact cash if you can, they never had change and I had to wait until the next day to get it.

Date of stay: July 2016