“OK but would not go back”

Wyndham Costa del Sol Chiclayo
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Chiclayo
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My stay at the Hotel Costa del Sol was fine. My room was pretty standard -- comfortable, reasonably clean and OK for my one night in Chiclayo. I was on the fourth floor, facing the side street and could hear lots of street noise but it quieted down pretty early. The hallways are a bit dark (as was the room) and smell smokey. Breakfast was pretty good but a bit limited. There aren't all that many options in Chicalyo but I chose this hotel because they mentioned a spa on their website. You can order a massage with a phone call, but there is no spa. If I'm ever back in Chiclayo, I will try another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TrishaMD

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed in this hotel in January 2012. One of the friendliest staff I ever met in a hotel.
The room was extremely spacious, bed for one person was queen, very nice and clean linens. We were left chocolate candies every day. The bathroom was spacious too, plumbing worked ok (it´s not unusual to get a bad plumbing toilet in Peru). There was a modern and super quiet AC.
The breakfast was simple but edible. Every day, the choices were changed, which was great. The breakfast never became stereotypical. Eggs were offered everyday, but the second choice changed.
The location of the hotel is excelent. Literally in the busiest zone of the city, just 5min from the Plaza de Armas: the main square. The hotel is within walking distance of the best restaurants and attractions of the town. Its a safe zone too.
The hotel offers parking for those who arrive by car. I am not sure, but I saw a hotel-branded bus parked outside the hotel, so I assume they offer shuttle service to Chiclayo airport, maybe even guided tours. Ask the staff, they are super-friendly.
The price of the room was reasonable compared to other similar peruavian hotels.

Definitely and excelent choice in Chiclayo!!!

Room Tip: Better ask for rooms whose windows are not into the main street. Its a busy street, so noise can be...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank abechny
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We also stayed at the Costa del Sol in Cajamarca and this group appear to run a very pleasant chain of up-market hotels in Peru . In our opinion, Chiclayo (the city) is not a patch on Cajamarca and appears to be little more than a necessary staging post in North Peru. Our room looked down onto a depressing little "shanty town" but was spacious and spotlessly clean. Not knowing what the tour operator paid means we cannot comment on "value for money" but if you are in Chiclayo this is a totally acceptable hotel.......just try for more nights at Cajamarca..

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This was my favorite Costa del Sol in Peru. I arrived early in the morning and was able to check in immediately and also got a late checkout. Very good breakfast which starts very early which is great for people who have early morning flights. Staff very attentive. Good and free wifi in rooms. When I couldn't read the password for the wifi I took my laptop down to reception and when I came back a staff member was putting up a 40 inch tv in a room and when he saw me with my laptop he asked me if I was having problems with wifi. When I wanted to use my laptop in the lobby I was looking for an outlet and a staff member immediately came over and asked if he could help me. Two people were sitting in the chairs that had an outlet but he moved a floor lamp that was covering another outlet so that I could use it. Great location on the main street and only a few blocks from the main square. There are also few computers for people who don't have laptops.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank toantarticaandbeyond
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The only good thing are the rooms:spacious and neat. Food is overpriced and the location is awful!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Charoarias
Travellers also viewed these Chiclayo hotels
0.2 km away
0.2 km away
Sunec Hotel
Sunec Hotel
#6 of 39 in Chiclayo

Been to Wyndham Costa del Sol Chiclayo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Costa del Sol Chiclayo

Address: Av. Jose Balta 399, Chiclayo 14000, Peru
Region: Peru > Lambayeque Region > Chiclayo
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Spa Hotel in Chiclayo
#7 Business Hotel in Chiclayo
Price Range: $57 - $97 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Wyndham Costa del Sol Chiclayo 3.5*
Located right in the heart of the city's financial and commercial district, just a short walk from the Plaza de Armas, the hotel Costa del Sol Wyndham Chiclayo is recognized for the quality of service offered by its staff, which enables guests to feel right at home. The hotel offers a number of services, including Paprika Restaurant, Shams Bar, five events rooms, two meeting rooms, a massage room, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming pool and Gym. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Costa del Sol Chiclayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Costa Del Sol Chiclayo