All reviewspanama citybreakfast buffet ismini barmodern hotelmeatballsgreat surprisevisiting boquetepool and gymtwo night stayhotel restaurantboca chicaan early morning flightvolcan barurooms are niceplace to staydecent sizeparking garage
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel caters with everything you expect from a four star hotel! Exceptional was the wifi - one of the best in panama I would say! The restaurant is lovely the food is average - but you get sushi what we found extraordinary. The gym is basic with some cardio- and few weight machines as well as mattresses to use. Water is provided but no towels - I brought one from the room along. We didn't use the other facilities like the sauna or the pool but they looked clean and well maintained. staff is very friendly and Professional!

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank mellaloha
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Wonderful staff who treated me very well and I enjoyed being catered to. Everyone I dealt with tried hard to please. The hotel is quite new, spotlessly clean, laid out well and that also applies to my room. Good shower in a large stall but I would have preferred a tub - which simply isn't a business-wise appliance. Artwork and decorations are way too modern for my taste and lent an air of coldness to the place and that applies to the entire hotel. However, the "Ciudad de David" translates to Business Hotel of David" so I really cannot complain since I should have known what was in store.
The dining area is wonderful for breakfast having one of the best buffets I've eaten my way through. Their assortment of fruits and cheeses were better than most other hotels. Food-wise lunch, room service meals and dinners are good but not exceptional. Since I never stayed in another David hotel I can't compare it.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Stayed at this hotel in March while in Panama exploring potential expat locations. I was a little surprised by David in general as I know it is the 2nd largest city so I expected a larger community. The hotel itself is a gem. I had a miscue initially in reserving our room but that was a communication error on our end. We do not speak Spanish and had a few more challenges than we did in Panama City but they were always accommodating and able to identify someone that we could communicate with. Must be a hassle for them...
All of the staff were wonderful, very professional and charming. We had dinner onsite two nights - the food and service were excellent. We were never afraid walking in the evening but there was a lot of security on the streets so I assumed the businesses knew more than we did! There was a darling boutique across the street and I was disappointed I did not purchase something, as they were closed when we returned from visiting Boquete. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank campingatthefalls
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Second time i visit the hotel, bothe for one night as i travel for business.
The hotel has a lot of free parking space, internet was free, nice outdoor pool,
Beds are very comfortable, Rooms have some humidity and musty smell, which is common for the area.
Room service menu has great options and good and clean food.
Breakfast wasn't as good though, poor variety and not that tasty food just ate some boiled eggs ( you can't get wrong with those), and some fruits. Wish they had omelet station or option and some fresh vegetables.
Overall i think its one of the best options in the city, new fresh and clean hotel. Very nice staff and welcome thumbs up for them.
Will Visit again definitely.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

The staff were very welcoming, helpful and accommodating. We speak elementary Spanish, and all staff members were very accommodating! The hotel itself is exceptionally clean, but it is musty smelling. Parking is convenient in the attached parking garage. Breakfast was excellent, wide variety. Wifi was great. We were one of two tables for dinner, and service was exceptionally slow. If you are unfamiliar with David, you must have GPS. We could not find this hotel without it. Street signs are missing or do not coincide with Google Maps. Best to follow the blue arrow on your GPS app! High recommend purchasing a cellular international data plan for this trip so you can use GPS on your phone.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple