“Awesome Time!”

Butcher Bar
Ranked #5 of 722 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: USD 0 - USD 25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Best Barbecue in Astoria, Queens! We're not only a Barbecue Smokehouse, but we are actually a full scale Butcher Shop as well!
Reviewed 28 February 2018

What am amazing time my friends, family, and I had here yesterday. Over the summer I reserved a table for 25 for my rehearsal brunch and Kathy did not miss a beat. She responded to all my questions and was very accommodating. A friend of mine canceled last minute because she went into labor and Butcher Bar did not make a big fuss. I initially had 2 small kids and needed high chairs, but day of they didn't come, and again Butcher Bar worked with us. These might seem like small things but not for a bride-to-be who's planning a million things and nothing is going accordingly!!! But that's not even the best part ... the best part? Well there is no one best part. The food was delicious. The day of service was WONDERFUL. The drinks just kept coming. To say we were full is an understatement. Good thing I reminded people to wear their stretchy pants because food coma happened almost immediately AND we had plenty to go home with. We devoured everything before or phones were able to eat but we loved everything: fried pickles, butcher bowl, Mac and cheese, baked beans, chili cheese nachos, chili cheese fries, animal burger, gimme the beef, pork platter, corn bread (which was still warm and toasty!) and the list goes on and on and on! I highly recommend throwing your next shindig at Butcher Bar - or at least stop by for some delicious food and great hospitality. Thanks again for everything Christine!!!!

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Great local spot for fresh bbq and great drinks! I try to come here often for their nachos, (huge) brisket philly cheesesteak and a side of their creamy and delicious mac & cheese! Very nice waitstaff and an overall comfortable spot for some great comfort food. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

The food and service is top notch here, especially at this price point!

I have to be honest, I was somewhat disappointed when I began ordering as they were out of the fall-off-the-bone ribs that I had heard so much about. However the waitress was incredibly accommodating and informed me they could serve me the dry rub, albeit with the fotb sauce on the side.

Let me tell you that the ribs were so incredibly tender, I almost shed tears with each bite. And the sauce was great too of course. I had ordered the Porkys, meaning I also got a serving of pulled pork and pork belly. Both of which were also quite fantastic.
The meal ended with a warm apple pound cake, which was complimentary due to the misfortune mentioned earlier. While not as good as the meat, I found it perfectly suitable as an end to such a hearty meal.

Overall I loved the service and the food. Definitely will be stopping by again, and definitely at an earlier hour so I don't miss out on the fotb ribs.

Ps: my only criticism is that the cornbread is just okay.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

The meat is very tasty and moist. The service is very good and the atmosphere is excellent for all types of group.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

I love this place! My favorites are the smoked bbq burger and the chili mac and cheese. Their sauces are great and coleslaw is also actually pretty good. Service is also usually great with the exception of some delays on weekend nights when it's busy which is expected but the food and employees make up for all of that.