Pine Hill Resort
USD 75*
USD 73*
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown(Jamestown)(Great Value!)
USD 107*
USD 96*
USD 118*
Hampton.com
USD 143*
USD 138*
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer(Jamestown)(Great Value!)
USD 110*
ComfortInn
USD 241*
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
USD 91*
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We had the pleasure of staying at Pine Hill Resort for a week in May, 2016. We found the cabin to be clean and equipped with all the modern conveniences.We chose the cottage because it had full kitchen. Motel rooms were just for sleeping. Bathroom was spacious and the setting was relaxed and quiet. I would definitely recommend this quiet getaway to anyone looking for a lakeside vacation near Chautauqua Institution.

Room Tip: Wide variety of rooms & cottages...best to call hotel directly.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank pghbob555
Reviewed 16 August 2016

My family stayed in the chalet and it was very pleasant, clean, and comfortable. The front office staff was very cordial and accommodating. The facility was extremely clean. Of the choices in this area, we are very glad we chose Pine Hill.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2016

My husband, mom, three children and myself stayed at the Pine Hill "Resort" in cottage 6, the little red one. Now, out of anyone's control, it happened to be the HOTTEST summer EVER. Cottage 6 does NOT have air conditioning. All of the other cottages/chalets have air conditioning. We were there for seven days, seven days without air conditioning. It was unbearable. Luckily some relatives staying in another cottage had air. We spent time there if they were there. It rained a few times, which we thought would give us some relief, but the humidity stayed. It was easily 90 degrees in there with overwhelming humidity. When we got in bed at night, our bedding felt damp. Our fans were not cutting it. They were just blowing the hot, humid air around. We were miserable. We did enjoy time out on the dock. It is a beautiful place, and the grounds are very clean. But it is very hard to really relax, unwind, and enjoy your vacation when you are suffering the whole time. Also, our toilet was not secure to the floor. The shower leaked all over the floor. The floor had lifted by the side where the water sat. It was very musty smelling. After being gone for a few hours, when we walked back in, it almost smelled like urine. (Again, I'm sure the humidity played a part in this, but still.) We had brought a window air conditioning unit of our own. I went to the office to ask if we could put it in. The cottage we were staying in was the first cottage built on the grounds, so I suppose the idea was to hold it's original charm, therefore it not being able to accommodate the energy need of an ac unit. When I talked to the owner at the office, i told her how brutal the heat and humidity was in our cottage and that our bedding felt damp. She just agreed with me. "I bet. This is one of the hottest summers i remember." She said. I said I was about ready to run to the end of the dock and jump in the water. She said "I wouldn't blame you." She said we could not use our ac unit, but offered us another fan. (They did provide 2 fans). I said no, because we had brought 3 of our own. She is the owners and is ok with her guests truly suffering in the heat, not being able to sleep? The kids were miserable if we had to be inside. They even went down and spent the night with our relatives to get out of the heat and get some sleep. My husband and I have not taken vacation time off for 2 years. We had not been on a family vacation in 4 years. This was a big family vacation that was really more miserable than good. I don't know what the availability was like in any of their other units, or the motel, which i didn't see, but now that I have thought about it, I wish we would have been offered another option because of the conditions. Also, the utensils and other cookware was not great. I had to use a double edged serrated knife to cut up a watermelon. It was really difficult and I almost cut myself several times. When we got home, I washed all of our sheets and towels and then opened my suitcase to put away the things I hadn't worn and gather the things I had to wash. My WHOLE suitcase full of clothes smelled damp and kind of musty. (Like a gym bag) The drawers had smelled kind of gross, but I just dealt with it. It's a cottage, not a hotel. I had a dress that I had had not even worn hung on the rack in the room, and it smelled gross. So, I have FOUR suitcases sitting by my washer. I am going to be doing laundry for days. So, had we stayed in another unit, with air conditioning, my review might have been very different. Sadly, we were very disappointed. It's a lot of money to spend on a place to spend 7 days and suffer the entire time! (Also, the wi-fi was terrible)

Room Tip: No air conditioning or heat. Don't stay there in the hot months like we did!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2016

We had a pleasant 2 night stay at the Pine Hill Resort.
It is located about half way from Bemus Point and Chautauqua Institute each about 4 miles away.
I think that there were about 12 cabins in the resort which is not directly on the lake but has beach access within a few feet.
We had a quiet standard room with 2 queen beds and a large shared patio. We loved the quality pine interior and the beds were comfortable. Nice bathroom, AC, flat screen TV. Our cabin had about 8 units in it.
Restaurants, shopping etc are a few minutes drive away.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2016

I was stunned when the manager told my child not to speak during my conversation with her. I have never felt more uncomfortable in my life. The property is lovely, but if you have 10 and 11 year old children who wish to go to the playground in the evening, do not stay. Everyone around us was above the age of 60 and not tolerate of normal children noise. We also had mouse dropping in the kitchen every morning and a mouse that casually ran up and down the fireplace in the evening. I will say again, it is lovely...but NOT for families. And certainly NOT worth $1,200 for 4 days!!!! I am attaching a photo of the oven drawer with mouse droppings.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family