“Fabulous pizza and great atmosphere”
Review of Bits n Pizzas

Bits n Pizzas
Ranked #22 of 91 Restaurants in Swakopmund
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Delivery
Description: A small family run restaurant with 40 seats.We have a wide variety on the menu from our square pizzas to a half pound pure beef burger.We also do pasta calamari ribs and some of the best steak you will find.Please remember we do a lot of take out and delivery so if the restaurant looks empty there still might be a little wait but our friendly staff will inform you.We are also fully licensed.
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

In a town where many restaurants close their kitchens early on Friday night, we found delicious pizza, reasonable prizes and a lively atmosphere that cater for young people, tired tourists or in-love couples. My husband had a meaty pizza with loads of toppings and I enjoyed a bacon and blue cheese pizza with a wafer thin crust. Do not be fooled. Although these pizzas are square, there is nothing square about this place. I cannot wait to go back!!

Cindy R, Owner at Bits n Pizzas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you for a great review.Very happy you enjoyed your evening with us.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I just came back from buying a take-away at Bits n Pizzas. I waited for 45 minutes (!) at the bar after ordering the take-away. I wondered what took them so long then one of the guys finally waved at me and asked for my order slip. I showed it to him and he looked under the counter for the pizza and the rib eye steak I ordered 45 minutes ago. Obviously the food had been sitting under the counter for quite some time. It was cold.

All the time we were sitting next to the pizza oven at the bar! Nobody brought us the food we ordered. Nobody bothered to tell us it was ready and waiting for us. So we took the COLD food and went home. There we discovered that the side salad we ordered was missing. We paid for it but we never got it.

Never again will I go to this "restaurant". If you are prepared to hold the guys at gun point you will get your food hot I guess (and all of the food, not only parts of what you paid for). Otherwise you can wait for hours.

Hi Ergo246
Sorry about your bad experience we definitely do not strive to serve you cold food.
Could i just clarify something with you,you mention 45 minutes and it takes on average on a slow night 30 minutes to prepare a pizza so at most the pizza was in the warming box for 15 minutes.If by any chance you were there on Sunday it was not quiet at all the waiting time can go up to 1 hour.As i am sure you can understand when you are preparing up to 200 pizzas in 4 hours my staff can not remember every order that is placed by every person.If you would have taken your slip with your order number on it to the receptionist i am sure she would have helped you in a jiffy.Ergo if you would like you can give me a call on 0811248489 and i will gladly refund you or sort you out with free delicious hot pizzas on the house and a rib eye as well.
Regards
Lee

Reviewed 29 November 2017

The home of square pizzas are very busy from early evening on, so we ussually do take-aways. Pizzas are hot for take-away, big and real value for money. Personally the Cali is my favourite

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

The service was really good and friendly. Nothing bad to say.

The pizza was unfortunately not so good. We had two pizzas from the Mexican part of the card. Maybe this is the reason. I took the seafood pizza which was more a heavy meal then a pizza (too much of everything - even too much cheese ). Maybe the "lighter" pizzas are better. Like margarita or funghi.

Cindy R, Owner at Bits n Pizzas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Hi there Dorusche in Africa we have to go big we have a load of hungry people that when they eat they want to be full. Sorry that you did not enjoy your pizza but if you ever this way again just ask for less and we will certainly oblige

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Humble chef he can be very proud of himself. Thank you. Amazing pizza and wine evening. Nice atmosphere. Love the square pizzas. I phoned for directions..no answers and they phoned me back. Very surprised thanks. Small bar in the corner. You can also order as take away.

1  Thank simplyslimyb