All reviews breakfast terrace hot water central courtyard sea view top floor morocco medina seagulls heart
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

A good, clean friendly Raid, basic facilities, temperamental hot water! Few issues with clean towels not being left in rooms. Good breakfast, the same every day! Good WiFi great views from breakfast terrace, sea view.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Like most hotels in Morocco, the Hotel Nakhla is found within a riad, an older style mansion usually built around a central courtyard. The location is great, 15m from Essaouira's main avenue in the old city. There is a decent breakfast on offer (if you can beat the seagulls to your meal) on one of the better terraces in the city. Staff are friendly and rooms are tastefully decorated. My only issue was the hot water, which was temperamental. Though this is to be expected in the medinas of Morocco.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Brogan J
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I recently stayed here during a tour around the country. The room was big and clean and the hotel entrance was right off one of the main walks in the medina. I could be at the beach in no time, or at a recommended restaurant in minutes.
The staff were amazing, especially Sena. When she saw I was having trouble climbing the steep stairs, she offered to bring breakfast to me (very yummy). She recommended a great Lebanese restaurant for dinner and a good spa for a body scrub. Her colleague showed me where to go around the medina and suggested interesting sights. They offer a free map which is very helpful to get orientated with.
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would stay there again if ever I am in marvelous Essaouira.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I loved the stay at riad Nakhla. The staff is super friendly. The rooms spacious and clean and the view on the terasse was beautiful. I stayed with my extended family there. We made a mayhem there but the staff was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed the early breakfast on the terasse.
I would definitely recommend the place for families or couples alike.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We really enjoyed our stay here. The riad is located right in the medina and is a very short walk to the beach and the harbor, making it an ideal location. The rooms were clean and nice, and they had televisions. There was no AC and at first they were a little musty, but we opened the doors and the windows and the cool ocean air filled them in no time. The manager was extremely helpful and I recommend going to him first thing and getting a map. We really had no idea of what we wanted to do, but he had recommendations on best food, site seeing, and where to shop. He was extremely helpful and the entire staff was very nice.

Room Tip: If you can get the top room it is amazing! You have to walk up 5 flights and the mosque is right across from you but still worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends