All reviews the owner roof terrace other guests felt very much at home his team breakfasts were great pancakes spent three nights room was large own home a wonderful stay first floor breakfast is served sitting area sea view tagine yogurt
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I highly recommend this hotel. The owner was very friendly and spoke perfect English. The conversation with her was really refreshing and fun. And, the breakfasts were good. My girlfriend and I had a great stay at this hotel. I would definitely come back to not only stay but get my leg work in for the year... :-)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

We absolutely enjoyed every second of our stay at this riad. It is like an art gallery! We stayed for four nights and every morning were treated to generous breakfast, consisting of home made yogurt, jams, orange juice, delicious bread and pancakes. Eggs were also offered. Hayat and other staff ladies were very friendly, always smiling and helpful. Hayat gave us all needed tips and advice, she also arranged our trip to Casablanca with nice driver and absolutely amazing restaurant for our lunch. She would also make a fire for us every evening, since it was chilly :). We also had lovely New Year’s Eve dinner at riad and had great conversations with other guests and real fun time. We have absolutely the best memories from our stay and send our biggest thanks to all people at riad who made it possible!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing stay at riad watier. The riads mgr. Hyatt was amazing, she scheduled us a sunset camel ride for 9 at the last minute and it was amazing! Her dining recommendation was delicious and our stay was wonderful. From the decor, service, rooftop breakfast...This place is top notch! Our party of 9 had the best experience in Essouira thanks to Riad Watier!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2018

This road is unique in providing both comfort and really beautiful surroundings. The friendliness and care for the visitors is unsurpassed. I meet the staff each year like old friends. Delicious and very filling breakfasts amid lovely views on the roof. Not to mention the lovely dinners provided on request.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2018

This boutique hotel was built from 2003-5 and only has room for about 16 guests. Since it’s new construction, it has the best of both worlds – light flows into rooms much more than in older places, yet it has so many lovely Moroccan details. Every room is filled with beautiful personal touches from pillows to books on the shelves. I personally adore the various old Moroccan doors which were brought in from Marrakech. In addition, each room offers a sitting area which also adds to its own personality. In general I felt that the riad is prettier than the photos.

Like all Moroccan homes, individual rooms are built around courtyards, thus sound carries up quickly to the rooms. It was quite noisy. Care needs to be taken to be quiet in the main courtyard. (Earplugs are helpful in all riads if you are a light sleeper.)

We only stayed for one night as we had previously rented a home in Essaouira but decided to extend our stay in Essaouira by one day so that we could go directly to the Marrakesh airport. The Riad Watier provided a lovely way to end our Moroccan trip. We had no special perks that day, (or even tea offered during the day), but enjoyed the comfy beds and beautiful spaces.

Unfortunately I have to deduct two stars for the attitude of the manager on the second day. Obviously we did something to bother her. Perhaps we asked for the flasks of water in the rooms to be refilled too many times? (We had wrongly assumed that the hotel had a filter.) She made it clear at the end of breakfast that she was irritated by us – perhaps from our asking for seconds on some of the items and my daughter asking for tea with no sugar at all in it. Maybe we didn’t express our thanks enough? We really tried to brainstorm what we did wrong! All throughout Morocco we never had a problem with this, but on the contrary we have had incredible hospitality in other places, with owners appearing to enjoy our presence - taking photos with us, etc. We try to be quiet and most respectful of everyplace we stay. Also we went out of our way to pay by cash when she asked for that (so they would not have to pay credit card fees) so I was definitely surprised by the attitude. Unfortunately I think she just needs a break/vacation herself.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family