All reviews hot water bottles beautiful hotel bed was very comfortable roof terrace overlooking the sea two nights yogurt superior room each morning wonderful stay every evening delicious breakfast tagine pancakes top floor malika bedroom
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

My two nights in the top floor superior room were perfect, definitely worth the few extra euros. The ocean views from the large open air terrace and breakfast room were incredible. The sound of seagulls was muted immediately upon entering the soundproofed room. Firewood and starter services were offered and free each night (please tip). Blackout curtains worked if I wanted a mid-day siesta.
Breakfast varied each morning and was more than I could eat or drink. Staff were always friendly, smiling and helpful with anything. No attempts to get more money from their guests, the riad staff clearly and truly value their guests. I have not had a better stay or service anywhere.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank JoeNotTheDog
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Great location, lovely staff and very relaxing roof terrace that looks out to sea. I loved my time here in this little town with lots of fabulous restaurants to choose from. I had the best massage of my life in Azur in Essaouira too!
A much calmer pace of life than Marrakech!

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 12 November 2017

it is clean,safe,however on a dirty street,quite tired decor,with no card payment facility.stayed in 2nd riad with better facilities for half the price.breakfast and coffee is very nice.upper terrace needs updating

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank 793runningchick793
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

This beautiful hotel is in a perfect location and staffed by the most perfect people. We arrived from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech to be greeted and served mint tea and biscuits by Malika (I hope I have spelled her name correctly). Malika smiled and we felt instantly relaxed. The staff here are just wonderful. They are quiet, friendly and extremely helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. We were fortunate to have the only room on the top floor. This meant that the Terrace really was our lounge room! The views are sensational. Our room was clean and functional and our bed was very comfortable. The hotel is situated in the Medina but close to the ocean wall so the views are exceptional. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and this is due to not only the location and facilities, but mainly because of the very special, capable and friendly staff.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aussie4701
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I stayed three nights in Fontaine Bleue with my arabic course from the university and it was the best riad/hote I've ever stayed! Such a warm and lovely welcome, it will make you feel like home. The girls from the kitchen are sooo friendly and nice and they prepare the best breakfast and dinner !! The view from the rooftop terrace while having breakfast is unforgettable and Hafida and the whole Team will make your stay the best thing you can immagine :)

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends