1,807 results
All reviews golf course half board natural pool kids club kasbah restaurant hourly shuttle a la carte restaurant voyage prive main pool pool bar gary player tiled bath beautiful hotel sand dunes breakfast and dinner private pool the main hotel
Reviewed 8 January 2015

Absolutely stunning property. We had a few disappointments but found Nicholas, the guest relations manager, to be excellent. The pool, rooms and property itself are all stunning. I would avoid going to the So Lounge (which I will review separately) as the service was worst I have EVER experienced anywhere in the world. Essaouira itself is amazing - a must visit!!!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kirsttreth
Edoardo G, Directeur général at Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2015

Dear Madame,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor and for recognizing the great service provided by Nicolas.

I was sorry to read that the So Lounge didn’t match your expectations, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

On a positive note, I am delighted that you loved the hotel location, the rooms, the pools and the charming city of Essaouira.

On behalf of the entire team, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

In december 2013 we where in Sofitel Mogador and we where very satisfait.
This year, also in december we stayed again in the same hotel and it was totally different : buffetrestaurant was closed, so we had to eat in an other restaurant, no buffet this time but we had only a poor choise of meals,f.e. the same soup the whole week, service was extremely slow and the temperature in the restaurant was really cold.Only the last day the temperature was normal, after several complains...
Everywhere in the hotel the temperature was also freezing...
Anyway, staff was very friendly and golfcourse was amazing !

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Madame, Sir,

Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your recent stay.
The Café Kasbah restaurant was closed due to our continuous efforts to keep improving our facilities.

I am however glad that you enjoyed the golf course and the friendliness of our ambassadors.

Finally, I hope you could give us a chance to better serve you during your next visit to Essaouira.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2014

The comfort of beds and bedding was fantastic. The staff were all so helpful and eager to please. The location was great, and the shuttle bus to town was excellent service. We walked one day along the beach ... Just under 2 hours from hotel, across the golf course and to the medina. The food was unbelievably good. We thought we would go into Essaouira to eat a couple of nights, there was no need as food was outstanding and lots of choice so we never bored. We ate in the Atlantic restaurant (3 courses as part of 1/2 board), ate one night in the gastro restaurant, and two nights in the So Lounge where there were events. One was a Moroccan evening, and the other a salss. Both fantastic.
Our biggest let down always that the outdoor pool was not heated as there were so few people in the hotel. We were offered the spa pool, but this is just a spa pool and as tiles are black you bump into the pool end. Also only room for 3 to swim at any one time. Interestingly, we were told by reception twice that the pool was heated to 25 degrees. Better communication needed between staff.
The breakfast room had enought staff for the small number of guests, but still there were times when there were insufficient bowls, spoons etc.
we bought 5l of water from the kiosk where the shuttle bus drops you in town. Water etc expensive in hotel. We also took a travel kettle and tea bags etc and it was well worth it.
Golf course was appreciated. We got lost getting to the beach...head to the left as you leave the hotel pool area...we went right! You can walk either way along the beach...it was completely empty. Near to Essaouira were surfers in wet suits in the wild Atlantic.
Early December is a great time to visit, as long as pool is heated. Great value deal through Fleetway travel.
We booked camel trip with Mostafa and had a great time, also local tour. The drivers had some issues getting into the hotel to pick us up so they need to sort that out. We didn't book through hotel as their trips were rel expensive.
Thanks to Rachid and Erraji particularly, but really what fantastic staff!!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the olive grove, then onto the golf course. Stand on the bed for sea views. All the rooms seemed to have good views. High up rooms for bay views.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lorriemarc
Edoardo G, Directeur général at Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2014

Dear Madame, Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa.

I was glad to read that you loved the location, the food prepared by our Executive Chef Michael BUARD, the So Lounge evenings and the service provided by our ambassadors.
I will share your appreciations with the entire team especially with Rachid and Erraji.

I would like however to apologize for the inconvenience experienced during your stay, and hope that this situation wont mar the overall appreciation of our resort.

On behalf of the entire team, I hope to welcome you back during your next holiday in Morocco.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 28 December 2014 via mobile

We booked this holiday through travel Republic & saved a lot of £££ by doing this. Surf cafes good for lunch by the beach bus can drop you there, surf hire there & changing rooms, quad biking camel rides etc there too, if it's flat calm sea expect kite surfing instead. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to a very clean quiet beach, 10 beach loungers & quad bikers from time to time drive by, the interior design in this place is stunning, the staff all say bonjour & reception staff speak good English, jazz pianist in the bar, so lounge restaurant was amazing first night with African band performing & my little one plus others danced for ages to the music, staff very attentive, bus shuttle to Essouiara was ace, 1hr massage incl. hamman use, spa has wonderful heated pool you can use anytime & fancy changing rooms. My Ayurvedic massage & facial from a lady Hanane was wonderful & she was so lovely, gave me mint tea after too. I would say do hamman first then get massage as oils etc the views are stunning, our bath was a swimming pool & the beds are so comfy we fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow. Negatives not with hotel but good advice.... Cover up shoulders, legs etc in Medina as its like you've gone back a couple of

Stayed: December 2014
3  Thank EmmaS1152

Dear Madame,

A warm thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Sofitel Essaouira Mogador Golf & Spa.
It’s always a great pleasure for us to receive such a positive feedback from our guests.

I was glad to read that you loved the hotel design, the So Lounge, the pool, the comfort of our famous MyBed and that you enjoyed the Hammam and massage you had with Hanane.

On behalf of all of us, I look forward to welcoming you again in Essaouira.

Reviewed 27 December 2014

The hotel is on the beautiful and and excellent golf course.
Rooms and suites are great. Cuisine good too, except for desserts which are not Maroccan enough. Excellent breakfast. The spa is also very good. Service very friendly but somewhat unorganised. Prices OK.

• Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank Bernard V

Dear Sir,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you loved the hotel design, the Spa as well as the golf course.

I also thank you for you constructive feedback, and look forward to welcome you again during your next trip to Morocco.