“Competent, quality service”

Explora Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: Explora is a kite, surf and windsurf centre located on the beach in Essaouira. We also have a surf shop in the heart of the medina. We are open every day and offer kite, surf or windsurf lessons, rental and special clinics at certain times during the year. We can also organise your accommodation and transfers, as well as work with local partners to organise horse riding, quad biking or any other adventure you might have in mind. Your experience is at the heart of what we do, we are here to ensure you have a great time.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This review is long overdue. my girlfriend and I attempted surfing for the first time and with Explora's help we got some results. We went through training at the beach and then practiced in the ocean under the eye of our coach.
Equipment was in good condition and business is very close to the water. Thanks for great experience!

All reviews
"a lot of fun"
"water sports"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Thank you again for a great week. The vibe at Explora is spot on; relaxed and chilled with everything working perfectly in the background. The guys and girls that work there are absolute pro’s. I would highly recommend to anyone (families, couples, groups of friends, solo travellers etc).

ExploraMorocco, Owner at Explora Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

So pleased you had a good time, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

When my boyfriend and me were in Essaouira, we discovered Explora in the Medina and decided to go for a horse ride (me) and for a surf course (my boyfriend). We both were very satisfied, both with the prices and equipment as well as with the personal and the organisation. We both had a private guide (which was also because we did it in the afternoon) and enjoyed it. The guides / teachers are competent, care about you and give you some helpful advice. For the horse ride, we started our trip in Saouki and were riding through the sand dunes, through a forest and at the sea. The trip lasted 2h and costed 25€. My boyfriend took 2h surf course and then surfed one hour alone. He paid 30€ for this and was very satisfied. All in all, friendly staff, good equipment and fair prices!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I have just returned from a trip to Essaouira with my family. My son and I had surf lessons for the duration of our stay and can't believe how we managed to progress in such a short time. Our teacher was amazing. I have had surf lessons before in Australia and Devon but never really got anywhere and definitely never managed to stand up. However, with this teacher, after just 3 x 2 hours lessons I was happily catching waves by myself and loving it and the same for my son. I could not recommend this place enough. The staff are all super friendly and helpful and it has a lovely vibe. We will definitely plan to go back.