1,181 results
All reviews hot tub roof terrace tucked away yogurt top floor a lovely stay lovely staff nicole chambre riad heart marrakech sea curtains jams bohemian wind
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Perfect location, beautiful terrace with multiple private places to hang out and read, delicious breakfast, welcoming staff, cozy atmosphere for hot tubbing, staff with a BUCKET list of recommendations, beautiful furniture and greenery that I wanted to take home... need I say more?

Reviewed 28 February 2018

As a very well travelled person, this has to be one of the best little boutique hotels that I have ever stayed in. I can not fault the place. My partner and I travelled last week and loved it that much we stayed an extra night. We stayed 5 nights in total as we loved Essaoira. Damien, the manager, is very efficient, giving lots of helpful advise about the area and the best places to eat. He organised a wonderful trip for us with a guide to some waterfalls and a lovely beach with huge sand dunes. All the breakfast staff and cleaners were all very pleasant and friendly. The riad is spotlessly clean with bedding and towels refreshed daily as needed. The shower is lovely and spacious and hot. They even lit fires in our room in the evening for us.
The roof terrace at Baladin is delightful and a real sun trap with lots of little private balconies and alcoves. An excellent breakfast is served daily on the roof terrace with different egg options daily and freshly squeezed orange juice and home made jams. A nice touch. We also like the fact that there was a fridge downstairs where you could store beers or wine and keep them cold. The riad is up a side alleyway and is very quiet and peaceful. We upgraded to a larger suite which had a king size bed and sitting area with a sofa and fireplace which gave us plenty of living space.
We were very sorry to have to leave as the weather was beautiful and hot and we had to return to England to below freezing temperatures and snow blizzards!
We will return again soon. Thanks you Damien and your lovely team.
Jo and Graham.
Macclesfield, Cheshire, England

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank JoanneF1356
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Riad well located in car-free medina, but note it’s 15 min walk from supratours bus stop.
Nice, airy, relaxed feel to riad. Damien was super efficient with communication n very helpful, gave us all the essentials on check in. Made us feel welcome.
Breakfast was good. If youre on upper floor rooms, you may need to negotiate steep stairs.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at Hotel Baladin, it’s a great riad in a nice part of the Medina. Damien and the team are excellent and couldn’t help enough with arrangements and suggestions. Breakfast was plentiful and my favourite part of the day. The facilities were very clean.

Unfortunately, we visited during a particularly cold and wet period. The riad isn’t exactly geared up for this type of weather but Damien was quick to sort out additional heating and blankets.

I really must come back to Baladin & Essaouira in the summertime! Excellent excuse!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Staying at a Riad is the traditional way and a must experience in Morocco. The Riad contacted us before our journey to organise our transfer. My best friend and I were met at the airport by the driver. After the 2.5 hour journey from Marrakech, the taxi driver handed our luggage to a man with a trailer to guide us to the Riad. Be careful of how much you pay (we weren't and as a result overpaid).
Riad Baladin is a beautiful Riad, tucked away from the busy Medina. Even though it's in the Medina it is surprisingly quiet. The rooftop terrace is a great place to relax. The breakfast provided is nice. The rooms are very traditional and are impeccably clean.

At rooms are arranged around the central garden, at first all the glass doors facing out made us nervous but the curtains are more than enough to provide privacy. Despite all the lighting (both natural and other) and the heater provided, the room still felt dark and cold. This may not be a problem in summer when you will be trying to escape the desert heat. The bed/day bed were very hard and the pillows definitely need replacing. The bathroom is stunning with a great shower, though the paper thin curtain in place of a door is too intimate for my liking.

Damian (the manager) is super friendly and helpful. He was the best thing about the Riad and I can't speak highly enough of him. He helped us in every respect. He recommended the best restaurants (Triskala just around the corner) and where to go and where to buy fish etc.

I would recommend this Riad, there are just a few improvements that could be made to make it more homely and the room more inviting.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends