See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Absolutely fascinating hotel, and surprisingly cheap! The rooms are beautifully decorated and the walls painted in bright colors which give them a mystic and warm vibe. Also, the hallways are lined with really old pictures of Morocco from more than a hundred years ago. The building is a vintage gem and when you enter it you feel you are back in the 1920's. I must be recognized though that some of its former grandeur is slightly fading away and it has some issues, specially with the bathrooms, but the overall experience was extremely positive. The hotel is situated in an ideal spot, right in front the entrance of the Medina and a short walk away from the beach.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

The worst experience ever . The hotel is old , smells awful on mold , the toilet is discussing and with rust everywhere. There is no soap , toilet paper nor towels. Payment is cash only , there is no card terminal installed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Smelly sheets, smelly curtains, dirty room. the hotel definitely ruined my weekend getaway at essaouira, i grew paranoid at the idea of anything touching my skin. Would not go back there ever again!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2017

We went to the hotel because we had a problem at the apartment we had rented, and it was the only one available at a reasonable price. Its best days are long gone by. It needs a complete refurbishment. The rooms are painted in bright colors and it has the typical marroccan style, but the toilettes need a lot of love. We waited 10 minutes for the hot water, as the notice said, but it never arrived. It has a good location, just in the entrance of the Medina and very close to the beach, but it was not noisy at night. No lift and no breakfast, the restaurant is closed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Booking 4 nights, arranging a front bedroom overlooking Plas Moulay Hassan,and late departure with the manager,I arrived late Saturday night. I was asked for payment in advance,including city tax,and given my keys,refusing the first room,then the second room,then the third,and decided that I would not stop in these conditions.
The bed linen was dirty,there were no towels or hot water,the toilet did not flush,and the doors would not lock,and the rooms needed complete renovation and refurbishment.
Eventually I managed to get a full refund,and was prepared to call my Moroccan friends in Essaouira,even the police.
I sincerely hope that visitors to Essaouira do not assume that this appalling standard is acceptable throughout the medina,and beyond,and we are contacting the ministry of tourism to lodge formal complaints.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo