My husband and I have just returned from a week at Le Victoria to celebrate our 30th anniversary. This was our fourth trip to the island but first time at Le Victoria. On arrival we were upgraded to a De Luxe Room which was a really lovely surprise. Room was very spacious with a good bathroom and gorgeous view through the gardens to the sea. It was kept in tip-top condition during our stay with a turn-down service in the evenings.
We went half board and only ate at Le Superbe, the buffet restaurant. We never felt it necessary to try the other restaurants as the food was great with plenty of choice at every meal. We never managed to eat everything that we wanted to as the choice was too big!!! Service at every meal was good with no waiting for drinks to be ordered or delivered to our table. Lunch time we usually had a baguette on the beach - smoked marlin is a must have.
We tried just about every activity offered by the boat house and particularly enjoyed the snorkelling as there is a marine park just in front of the hotel. Saw lots of fish during our three trips out to the reef. Even snorkelling off the beach to the left of the boat house is good for someone who isn't happy in deep water or just wanting to get their confidence up before venturing out into deeper water.
During our stay we went into Grand Baie twice to stock up on drinks and snacks then to do the undersea walk. First trip we went by taxi which cost us Rs1500. Driver waited for two hours while we shopped etc. For the second trip we hired a scooter from Le Meridien hotel next door which cost Rs900 for the day. We really enjoy using a scooter as you get to experience the smells and sounds at close range. There is also a local bus which runs to Grand Baie during the day - bus stop is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel. Friends used it and really enjoyed the trip.
The beach was lovely but does have a lot of coral at the water's edge. We knew about this beforehand so bought cheap water shoes at SuperU in Grand Baie on our first morning which worked really well. They are also available in the boutique at the hotel but are more expensive there.
The hotel is marketed as a family resort so there were lots of children enjoying the facilities. As a couple in our 50's this didn't bother us at all but for travellers wanting a romantic, quiet hotel Le Victoria may not be the right choice. That said, there were a number of weddings during our stay as well. As the resort is big you can find a place away from families if you really want to.
Evenings are spent at Le Corail Bleu bar where there is entertainment every night. During our stay there was an amazing acapela group who are not to be missed!! Other shows include an Indian dance show, Cabaret and Sega evening. All are good fun. Once the show finishes there is dancing to the resident band or DJ until about 11.30pm. No late night noise at any of the Mauritian hotels we have stayed at.
The weather during our stay was great with virtually no rain during the day. All in all a really good hotel which we reckon will be hard to beat for value for money. We certainly wouldn't hesitate to go back to Le Victoria on our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spacious beachside resort in Mauritius Located due west on the coast of Mauritius, Le Victoria is conveniently situated between the tourist hub of Grand Baie and Port Louis, the capital city. Facing the splendid sunsets, Le Victoria is one of the most popular family resorts in Mauritius. Renowned for its spacious sea-facing rooms, a laid-back atmosphere and a wide range of activities for both children and teenagers, the hotel encompasses a lifestyle to appeal to all ages. For your ultimate peace of mind, purchase the hotel's optional "Beachcomber All-Inclusive Package" which covers all meals and drinks as well as added-value items throughout your holiday in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotelopia so you can book your Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Le Victoria
- Le Victoria Mauritius
- Le Victoria Pointe Aux Piments
- Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa Mauritius/Pointe Aux Piments