Sugar Beach Mauritius
USD 258*
USD 193*
Aanari Hotel & Spa(Flic En Flac)
USD 164*
USD 127*
USD 429*
USD 315*
Gold Beach Resort(Flic En Flac)
USD 282*
USD 236*
USD 1,070*
USD 404*
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
La Pirogue Mauritius(Flic En Flac)
USD 364*
  • Pool
USD 267*
USD 134*
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Manisa Hotel(Flic En Flac)
USD 108*
USD 94*
Priceline
Villas Caroline(Flic En Flac)
USD 212*
USD 135*
Agoda.com
USD 318*
USD 269*
3,579 results
All reviewsquiet pooltides restaurantsugar beachmanor housesouth poolmon plaisirkids clubsister hotel la pirogueall inclusive packagecitronella restauranthalf boardmain restaurantour honeymoonmain poolcolonial stylebuffet restauranta la carte restaurants
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stayed for twelve wonderful nights although one of the nights was disturbed by a noisy party ( see below). It's a long flight but you will soon get over this when you are met, on arrival, by the most delightful staff .Everyone was genuinely charming. The whole development oozes relaxed luxury without being in any way pretentious. The room was a good size and our room boy , who we got to know quite well, would leave us personalised notes and was often checking with us that everything was OK. The pool areas are large and more than enough sun beds with lounger towels changed daily.There was also a quieter pool which we used occasionally. Staff were always on hand and patrolling around for drinks etc. The buffet food was super ( particularly the Indian) and we ate two nights at the Citronella, the stand alone restaurant on the beach, where a large part of the menu was part of the half board deal. It is little more formal and a nice change but be careful of ordering imported spirits which are quite expensive. We played golf several times at the Tamarina and the front of house staff were very helpful in organising this - all very easy.The only downside was a noisy party held on the Saturday night on the lawns ( I see one other reviewer has referred to this ) for non - residents. We received a personal apology from the management for which we were very grateful and it did not spoil the rest of our stay at all but we rather wished we hadn't had to complain in the first place. We understand they will not be holding further similar events. Would we recommend the Sugar Beach ? Unreservedly !!

Room Tip: Go for a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nicolas D, General Manager at Sugar Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Michael P,

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and the facilities offered. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of facilities and quality services proposed, and we are delighted that your holidays were beyond your expectations.

Furthermore, I am especially pleased to learn that our team members made your holiday a memorable one. Thank you very much again for your kind words and your warm praise of our hotel. I shall certainly forward your feedback to the entire team, as I am sure that they will feel more motivated to work even better.

We value all your comments which help us to continue to strive for perfection and look forward to welcoming you in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

On arriving we had a wonderful welcome, cold towel, and beautiful cocktail. We arrived early and couldn't check in until 2pm, which was a little bit of a pain especially after a long flight. However we were offered the option of a shower room so we could take some clothes out of out case and prepare for the beech, however we chose to remain in what we travelled in so we could settle/chech in properly when the time came.

On arriving at our room, we found it very clean and fresh. The staff do and ddid do a great job of keeping our room clean. Sadly no fancy towels or little extra's on the pillow like we have experienced in other hotels. Unfortunately the hotel was let down massively by the staff in the restaurants felt it was a little un professional, all bar Vikram, and one other older water Beckum, who were did care they gave good service, I'm afraid on most morning it was difficult to comprehend that i required my coffee HOT and this they found most challenging, theres one coffee machine it seemed to provide speciality coffee's and this appeared to be busy most of the time. The other point that we found incredibly annoying and we felt disrespectful was as soon as we ordered drinks (we were half board) that the check was almost always down immediately after the drinks were served, and constantly checked upon during our meal to see if it was signed. On one occasion the waiter checked 6 times before we had chance to finish our meal. We've stayed at other hotels in Mauritius and the staff were well groomed, tidy and extremely attentive and couldn't do enough for you, apart from a couple this was most definitely not the case, and we were left extremely frustrated by the lack of customer care.
We did have one meal at Tides, and my partners meal cam a good half an hour after mine, we question this, and it was brought almost straight away however it was cole, on reporting this to the waitress, she didn't even apologies and asked if we would like dessert. We did feel the need to complain at this, and the matter was resolved the bill was refunded and we were promised a complimentary meal the same evening, however I had already booked the Citronella restaurant on the beach (COST OF WHICH WAS £140 just to set up) as it was my partners birthday. So unfortunately this wasn't granted. The Citronella staff were very attentive on the night and we couldn't fault the food or service.. There was also another occasion where the staff were found to be unprofessional when they were cooking burgers on the beach one Sunday. We were lying on sunbeams immediately in front of them and it was like school kids trying to get it organised, one lady actually went up to them and requested her order, and the conversation got quite heated, for the waiter then proceed to take off his name badge obviously worried he would get reported. Staff were the let down (part from the few i have mentioned, and the prices of the drinks were really over priced. If they brushed up on the training, and reduced the prices of the drinks i honestly believe it would do so much better. £9.40 for a joint of lager and equivalent for a gin and tonic. Just to give you an indication of costs, we had a burger and fries not a big portion either and a seafood tapas 2 king prawns 2 small patties and a dip, a pint of lager and and sprite was over £65. We've been to the St Gerain, and had far better service and quality of food for less.

On the whole it was an average holiday, Would not go back, when I'm holiday i expect to have great service, and this certainly wasn't the case here. Buffet food was very average, sweets all tasted the same and breakfast was good plenty of variety. Rooms were kept very clean. However nothing was WoW.

Room Tip: We had room 569 right on the beach
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank molleym
Nicolas D, General Manager at Sugar Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Molleym,

It was a pleasure of having you staying with us at Sugar Beach Resort and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We have always prided ourselves on excellent service and wish to apologize for the bad service you experienced. Even though the hotel was running at very high occupancy during your stay, there should be no excuse for a breakdown in service and I will ensure that appropriate training and supervision are implemented with our waiting staff and at the same time we will reinforce the service team with additional staff and supervision to return the standards back to normal in the shortest delay possible. Please accept my apologies for this shortcoming.

As the hotel runs a number of packages and meal plans in parallel it is unavoidable that you are required to sign for consumption of food and beverage for administrative reasons and I am really sorry that you were bothered by this.

It is always our goal to have satisfied customers and would sincerely like to have the opportunity of regaining your confidence in Sugar Beach and to show you the better side of the resort.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent 2 weeks here last month and had a great holiday. If I was being critical I don’t think that the hotel quite lives up to it’s 5star rating, rather we would call it a very good 4star plus establishment.
In common with almost everyone else I have to comment on the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, Mauritians just seem to be a happy and friendly people.
The hotel caters to a huge variety of nationalities and on the whole does a good job, as has been said before service can be erratic, particularly in the main bar and main restaurant. This started off being a bit annoying but after a week or so it didn’t seem to matter as much! Service at Tides and Citronella was much better as they were smaller and more personal.
Food quality was very good, the different themed buffets were very individual, not just variations on a similar theme, breakfast’s were lovely too, so much choice.
The rooms are really quite spacious and almost all of them have lovely views, they are however getting a little tired and showing their age now, however they are kept scrupulously clean by the room staff. My only complaint is the amount of time part eaten food and dirty plates are sometimes left in the corridors, once a half eaten chocolate cake was left overnight.
The grounds are immaculately kept and the pools were very clean, the beach is lovely, though as has been said before the coral is quite sharp. Other people have already commented on the events that regularly take place on the lawns, they can be loud and annoying, I would say that if you make it known that the loud music will end at 11:00 then it is in the hotels own interest to make sure it does....!
All in all this was a great holiday, and I’m sure we will return to Sugar Beach in the fullness of time. If you have booked a holiday here you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Linda S,

Thank you for your nice comments that you have shared on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to our resort. It is always a pleasure for us to see how much people enjoy our resort. We certainly try our best to provide excellent food, service, entertainment and a wide range of facilities for your enjoyment and was pleased that you appear to have availed yourself of many of these.

I am really sorry that you were bothered by the noise and for leftover food in our corridors, not cleared quickly enough. I do apologise for that.

I was pleased that you found our staff and management team welcoming, friendly and attentive and I will share your kind comments with our team members and I will thank them all on your behalf.

I am pleased to read that nevertheless you have had a good stay with us and I hope to see you again at Sugar Beach.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Sugar Beach Golf Resort & Spa is a little bit of paradise on a stretch of beautiful beach. From the moment I arrived at this resort, everyone was friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to make my stay truly relaxing and enjoyable. From the moment I arrived at the front door of the resort, I was personally escorted to the Hospitality Suite where I was individually checked-in by a member of the reception staff. The beginning of my stay only got better when I was escorted to Tides Restaurant for a delicious lunch.
My room was a beautiful, ground floor beachfront room with a spacious patio, for enjoying the luscious tropical landscape, white-sand beach, a brilliant blue ocean. The grounds of this resort, along with the restaurants and pools were very well maintained and scrupulously clean.
The room provided a comfortable easy chair, spacious beds with excellent linens. The bathroom was well-stocked with toiletries, towel, and robes. The main storage closet was in the bathroom and provided lot of space for storing clothing, shoes, and luggage. After a long day of lounging by the pool or on the beach, the room was also relaxing place to be.
The rooms were expertly maintained by the housekeeping staff, and the minibar was well stocked. All the staff that I encountered were pleasant, smiling and offering a greeting as they passed by. They were also very alert, ever inquiring if I needed anything.
The food in all the restaurants was delicious, and the only thing I was sorry for was that I was unable to eat more so I could taste all the delicious, expertly-made foods. Even the food served poolside was delicious and served hot. The bar also provided excellent, tropical cocktails. The only downside to the food was the room-service menu, which was very limited. Although limited, the room-service meals were also delicious.
I want to take this moment to commend certain members of the staff who provided me with assistance, and really went out of their way to be of help to me: Per in Reception, Shireen in Guest Services who managed dinner reservations, Evans and Sly lifeguards at the Main Pool, Vinesh the poolside server, Soobis at Mon Plaisir Restaurant, Vanaja in Housekeeping, and Mr. Jacksonne the bellhop.
I truly enjoyed my stay at this resort and I am looking forward to staying there the next time I return to Mauritius.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms have beautiful views.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear Allyson C,

I was pleased that you found our staff and management team welcoming, friendly and attentive and I will share your kind comments with our team members and I will thank them all on your behalf specially those mentioned.

I am pleased to read that you have had a good stay with us and I hope to see you again at Sugar Beach.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Wow it’s very nice spot, very nice and polite stuff, food outstanding, specially I like chocolate tart.
My friend he had pizza,he was happy, very nice vine menu.Us I noticed they really provide you those small of “extra” which you sometimes not expect, stuff and manager very polite, they way how they treat guests is outstanding hole packet of this place it’s non high level and very professional.
Thank you for amazing atmosphere, good food and perfect view it was pleasure to vine and dine at your place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nikola N
Nicolas D, General Manager at Sugar Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Nikola N,