4,141 results
All reviews quiet pool tides restaurant sugar beach manor house south pool mon plaisir sister hotel la pirogue kids club citronella restaurant all inclusive package main restaurant half board main pool colonial style our honeymoon buffet restaurant a la carte restaurants
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

What a nightmare experience. Since we arrived we have experienced sub standard and Bad service. Waiters have an attitude and are never available when needed. They bring wrong orders, lack to show any pride in their work. We booked at the one resort restaurant Citronellas and again we were seated wrongly, we had a waiter with a real bad attitude and the food was unacceptable. I made an attempt to book a spoil for my wife at the Spa and Due to unavailable products at least three of the most applicable treatments for Ladies will not be available for Two Weeks in high season.
Please spend your hard earned money and well deserved holiday break somewhere else where Sorry is not the repeated be all and end all

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Johanp1959
Nicolas D, General Manager at Sugar Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Dear Johanp1959,

Thanks for your detailed feedback on Trip Advisor. Although we have not entirely lived up to your expectations, I appreciate your opinion and hope that the positive points you mentioned will remain as fond memories of your stay with us.

I would like to apologize for all the inconveniences that you encountered at the resort during your stay.

Thank you again for your valued remarks. Please give us another try if ever you visit Mauritius again.

Reviewed 23 December 2016

Have to start with the positives as there are quite a few - beautiful location, great pool and beach, food at buffet, Tides and Citronella's really good, some friendly staff.
Negatives - rooms too small for a family of 4, and not 5 star, overpriced, service erratic and sometimes non-existent. South African waiters could show the staff a thing or two, some unfriendly staff.
Comparing to 5 other resorts we've stayed at, I would rate it in third place, comparing to another 5 star resort and a 4 star resort we have visited. Although very family orientated, and we have kids aged 10, we've outgrown the noisy young families
I love this part of the island, and would definitely keep to the south/south west part of Mauritius.
Would I stay here again ? The answer is no.

Room tip: South beach facing room is nice as next to the quiet pool, but far enough away from the main restaurants and noise
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Nicolas D, General Manager at Sugar Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Dear dthcfuller,

I am so delighted that you had an enjoyable time at Sugar Beach. Thank you for posting and sharing your positive feedback on Trip Advisor after your stay with us. It is always such a pleasure to read how much people enjoy our hotel, we do endeavour to provide good service to our guest and we certainly try our best to provide excellent food and service.

I was pleased that you found our staff welcoming, friendly and attentive and I will share your kind comments with our team members and I will thank them all on your behalf.

I am glad that you had a good holiday with us and look forward to welcoming you again at Sugar Beach.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

This is a great hotel in a great location. We went as a couple but the resort would also be good for families.
There's several reviews I have read that complain about the service. All I would say is that while its definitely not 5-star service, the staff really try hard and are friendly and welcoming. Manage your expectations and relax - you're on hiliday FFS so who cares if they take 5mins to bring you a drink instead of 2.
The beach at the resort is amazing and there are plenty of loungers.
Tip: If you intend to go in the sea, as most people do, then wear something on your feet because on this part of the coast line sits on a shallow lagoon. This allows you to walk out quite away and is very safe for kids but it's a combination of sand and coral under the sea.
The food was good, and there was multiple restaurants and plenty of choice over the 8-days I went. HOWEVER, what you need to be very aware of is that All-Inclusive does not mean everything is free. Some drinks and meals are, but not all. What actually happens is all food and drinks are priced based on your board, fron B&B (most expensive) to HS to FB to All-Inclusive (least expensive). None of the brochures tell you this.
Drinks are quite expensive as well, but remember its an island in the middle of the Indian Ocean, so some things have to be imported.
Rooms are very nice. Cleaned daily, with good views.
All being said, we had a great time as a couple and I would go back to the hotel as a family in a heart-beat.

Room tip: Stay in the manor house with a room facing the Ocean.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Cityboytraveller,

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and the facilities offered. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of facilities and quality services proposed, and we are delighted that your holidays were beyond your expectations.

Furthermore, I am especially pleased to learn that our team members made your holiday a memorable one. Thank you very much again for your kind words and your warm praise of our hotel. I shall certainly forward your feedback to the entire team, as I am sure that they will feel more motivated to work even better.

We value all your comments which help us to continue to strive for perfection and look forward to welcoming you in a not too distant future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 days but exp was bad from the very first day. Not at all recommended for Indians as they are not in situation to serve you veg food.
Housekeeping service and management doesn't care about guest once you check in

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AspritaP

Dear Asprita P,

I would like to apologise for all the inconveniences that you encountered at the resort during your stay.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Our room was very well appointed and private, but not far from all the amenities.
The food was excellent and the service good with warm, friendly people.
The highlight was the traditional séga dancing and the fabulous beaches.

Room tip: The private bungalows away from the central hotel were great !
Date of stay: May 2016