We have just returned from a 10 day break to this hotel, the weather was fantastic with almost unbroken sun which made returnig home to -4 when we arrived at Heathrow a real shock, it was 31 degrees when we left. I'll not write too long a review but have to mention a few points, the first being the cost of the drinks they really were extorinate, to the point we only ordered bottles of water and brought some much more reasonably priced bottles of wine, coke,lemonade etc from the suppermarket and put them in the fridge. We would sit on our balcony with a glass of wine and nibbles before heading for dinner @ 9pm ish, the reaturant was less busy by then, the plus side we got served a little quicker the down side the food had been hanging around for a while, it all began to look the same after a week, breakfast for me was the best meal of the day. My husband found the flies really annoying, they didn't pester me too much but the dining area was open so it would be hard to resolve this problem.
The gardens are well kept, the beach was a pretty small area with lots of sun beds everywhere, we didn't actually spend our whole holiday on the beach so not too much of a problem to us. There are the sellers on the beach but if you say no thank you they leave you alone.
My husband went deep sea fishing which he arranged himself from reaserch he'd done on the internet, this was a great success and probably cheaper than if the hotel had organised it, but don't know for sure as we didn't explore that option. We hired a driver for a day and that was worth the money as he took us to lot's of places of interest on the island including the pamplemousse gardens which were beautiful. We took an island tour with summertimes this was brilliant due to our host Sandya who was great fun but at the same time passionate about her island, the day flew by, I would reccomend doing a tour.
The staff were good, always had a smile, but consistancy of what they did and the time they did it could perhaps be looked at one example of this is the turning down of our bed every night... well most nights but never at the same time and the housekeeper had a knack of turning up when one of us was in the shower either that or we'd be trying to get ready for dinner.
The hotel was clean and we found it easy to navigate our way round it, all in all we enjoyed our stay but 2 weeks would have been too long, it was good to think that we were returning home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa, renowned for its Mauritian hospitality, and enjoy a picturesque oceanfront location with unrestricted sunset views. Our location makes it easy to explore the island and its surroundings. We offer a complimentary dolphin trip, water activities and eight spa cabins. Our three restaurants and three bars serve a diverse array of culinary influences, exotic flavors and locally sourced ingredients. The hotel's gorgeous outdoor meeting space has everything you need for an inspired event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Mauritius Resort And Spa
- Hilton Mauritius Hotel Flic En Flac
- Hilton International Wolmar
- Hilton Wolmar
- Wolmar Hilton
- Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa Flic En Flac