“Good and very safe choice”

Ranked #7 of 85 Restaurants in Flic En Flac
Description: La Marmite Mauricienne restaurant in Mauritius offers its customers good food as well as the taste of the Mauritian Cusine. This restaurant prides itself on its menu being fresh & authenic.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We came here twice and preferred it to rib n reef. Many dishes from mainly sino-mauritian to burgers. All dishes are quite straightforward but wellprepared and fresh , so no doubting you will like what you get. Do try the fantastic agrouille!!

Ps: prices are good too, good value

Macadamia I, Responsable relations clients at La Marmite Mauricienne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Greeting from La Marmite Mauricienne!!!

It has been a real pleasure to welcome you!.We are so happy that you enjoyed your dining experience.

Thanks for having taken your time to give your feeling & impression to our little Restaurant.

Thanks again!!! :-) for this wonderful review that touched my heart.Your words gave us a boost to maintain our good work & also gave us a thought on customer service excellence.

Hope to see you again on your next vacation.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We came here on our first night having scanned the rest of the restaurants. This one was more empty but the staff were really friendly and the food was really tasty. Very generous portions for the starters and reasonably priced. Thank you for a lovely evening!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Based on other reviews and the ocean view, I gave this restaurant a try. The meat was chewy and overcooked. Generally the food tasted ordinary. Not a place I would return. As the price was somewhat reasonable and the view of ocean was nice, I gave it one star higher than I would give based on the food alone.

Macadamia I, Responsable relations clients at La Marmite Mauricienne, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Greeting from La Marmite Mauricienne,

We understand your disappointment with our little restaurant and agree that this is not acceptable.

It’s important to us that are customers are more than satisfied and we would like the opportunity to resolve this issue immediately.

If you give us a chance, we are intent on making this right and hope you will allow us to speak with you to discuss the situation.

Please give me a call on +230 5255-0375 at your earliest convenience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Visited this quaint restaurant for lunch of chicken fried rice, veg fried noodles. Friendly staff, we were the only ones there at noon, got rapid service. Several couples arrived few minutes later.
Food was quite tasty, plateful portions.My wife got some of her noodles packed to bring home.
Free wifi, ambience music,
passing vehicles somewhat noisy.
Pocket friendly for freshly made food.
Chandra

Greeting from La Marmite Mauricienne!!!

Hope to see you again on your next vacation.We would like to apologize for the noise of the vehicles.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Busy, friendly and solid if unspectacular food but very slow service on a busy Monday night in their winter. What it must be like in the high season I don't know. I'd put 3.5 stars if possible as of six adults four wouldn't go back. My beef curry was OK but chewy. Others fish was passable but basic. It's certainly not worth the wait with so many other options in Flic en Flac.
I'd suggest to the owners that they focus on a more limited menu and just the things that you excel at.

Hello Richard Y,

You’re right, this is unacceptable. I can’t imagine how this may have happened but if you allow me the chance to speak with you I would like to make it right.

I would like to speak with you at your earliest convenience so we can get this sorted.

My number is +230 5255-0375 or you can email me at macadamia.ice.ltd@gmail.com

I’m genuinely sorry this happened and look forward to speaking with you.

Yours sincerely,