“Fabulous new restaurant in Armonk”
Review of The Seafood Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 50 Restaurants in Armonk
Reviewed 5 May 2017

This charming seafood restaurant had great food and excellent service. I went with a group of friends for lunch. I had the fish, Halibut, Tacos which were excellent. I also shared the Salmon burger which was also really good. We shared a delicious apple cake. This has an unusual menu and the restaurant has a very mellow feeling. I will go back!

1  Thank WendyWolf_10

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I went to the Seafood Grill on a Wednesday evening with 7 friends for a birthday dinner. We always look for new and fun restaurants in Westchester. I was really looking forward to this new local restaurant. We sat down and picked two bottles of wine. They were out of the Sancerre and the next bottle up was $25 more. We ordered it and both bottles came out warm. The appetizers were fantastic. I had the buratta and lobster. There was no mention by the waiter of any entrees they were out of. I ordered the tuna and was informed they thought they were out of that. I then ordered the tuna tacos only to be told they thought they were out of the tuna for the tacos as well! The waiter returned and advised they had the tuna tacos. The tuna did but taste right and the quesadilla almost tasted stale. I should have sent the meal back but it was approx 9pm. I could have had these tacos anywhere locally and they would have been great and for less. We are talking about tacos here. They were dreadful. The meals served did not look spectacular or different than any other restaurant around Westchester. To make matters worse. We split the bill and leave. While chatting outside the waiter runs out telling us all of our cards need to be run again! Some issue. We stand there for 10 minutes. Totally unacceptable. One person checked Amex online when they got home and their card was charged $527!!!!! She now needs to deal with that. There is nothing special about this place. Save your money and go elsewhere. We have so many great options. I don't mind spending the money but this was a shock. I expected more.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

We stopped for lunch today and had an amazing experience. The menu is innovative and the seafood is fresh and delicious. The service was top-notch as well. I highly recommend the lobster and burrata salad. The lobster roll was perfectly prepared and excellent too. We will be back!

1  Thank Corrie F
Reviewed 14 March 2017

very nice place with a very different seafood menu than most seafood restaurants. however, they also have burgers, seafood tacos and steaks for non fish eaters. rated as average because the menu is different but includes too much "fusion" choices. the salmon dish was delicious but over a bed of ???? who knows what???? better over a bed of mushroom (or other type) of Risotto. appetizer portions way TOO SMALL for the price and jumbo shrimp at $8 each (are you kidding me??)
very nice bar. but get back to basics for a fish restaurant and stop with the fusion additions.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

The small hamlet of Armonk is renowned for many things and one is fine dining experiences: Fortina's, Modern Barn, Restaurant North, Zero Otto Nove, Beahive, Gavi, Armonk House, etc. The latest gem to be added to this stellar restaurant list is "The Seafood Grill," and if you love seafood pick up the phone NOW (914-730-1122) and make a reservation.
The seafood quality just plain cannot get any better and as you enter "The Seafood Grill" you will be greeted by an extremely tempting raw seafood bar. Appetizers are outstanding: Jumbo Lump Crab Cake has no filler and reminds me of the crab cakes I had last summer in North Carolina which I thought were the "gold standard" until now. Just as wonderful is "Maine Lobster and Burratta Salad" or "Warm Scallop Salad" served with bacon jam and fingerling potatoes.
Main courses are also exceptional and owner Michael Mazzela's wife is responsible for the interesting Asian twist to many of the dishes: "Bone in Miso Glazed Halibut" served with bok choy and black rice or "Karaage Style Fish & Chips" served with white miso sauce or steamed lobster for the purist served with drawn butter.
The only pasta dish on the menu and there is no need for anything else is "Squid Ink Gargganelli" which is a small toothy pasta dressed with rock shrimp, king crab and uni. This dish is so outrageously good I actually think it could become an addiction!
Alternatives to fish include strip steak with lobster bernaise, roast half organic chicken, and "Drug Store Style Hamburger" topped with bacon & white cheddar.
Finally, if you are just looking for a quick fish fix, try the lobster roll or rock shrimp po-boy, both served with hand cut fries or fish tacos.
In addition to all of the above, there are daily specials, too.
User friendly wine list whether a bottle or a glass as well as a nice selection of ice cold draught craft beers compliments the meal.
Although this charming restaurant has only been open a few weeks, it is apparent that the word is out "The Seafood Grill" is a great addition to Armonk's dining destinations. Décor is modern yet warm and staff is friendly, attentive and helpful, particularly when you are torn and want to order everything on the menu.
Last and certainly not least is the fact the seafood quality, in my opinion, just plain cannot get any better than what is offered at "The Seafood Grill."

2  Thank Barbara D