I spent 5 nights in December at this hotel with my family. We were visiting relatives so were not typical tourists and mainly used the hotel as a place to sleep.
My initial impression was not particularly good as having spent 28 hours travelling we then queued for 20 mins just to check in! On the plus side however, the hotel is located about 3 minutes from the airport so we did not have to experience the truly atrocious Kuching traffic to get there.
We had 2 rooms on the 9th floor with a fantastic view of.....the airport runway. Actually from that height the view encompassed much more than the runway and was quite pleasant.
In terms of airport noise it wasn't bad (with the airconditioning on) and we were not disturbed. However, oddly, I was awakened around 5am every morning by the call to prayers, perhaps because the airconditioning was quieter at that time?
The buffet breakfast was excellent.
The location is certainly not central, but it depends on where you want to be. The traffic was especially bad when we were there due to road works and construction which we were told is expected to continue for another year or more.
Cleanliness I felt was not up to scratch. The bathroom in both rooms was not spotless, which I expected. The counters were dusty and the showers and area around the bathtubs were not as clean as they could be, and there was also a very nasty looking area around one of the toilets! There was clearly a problem with mildew which I realise can be difficult to deal with but overall the impression was one of not enough effort, since the places that were particularly bad were the harder to reach areas (ie low down in the shower enclosure and also between the taps and tub) and the mould looked particularly thick.
On the other hand the fixtures and fittings were nice and there was a rainshower.
It was also unfortunate that the counter tops in the rooms were marked with rings which I suppose reflects more on the guests than the hotel, but it did detract from the overall impression.
On the whole I think that this hotel certainly offers value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get Where You Need to Go. Welcome to the Century Kuching Hotel in Sarawak, East Malaysia, on the amazing island of Borneo. We're located in the middle of the BDC commercial hub, near The Spring mall. We're also near Kuching International Airport (KCH). Free to Choose. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, we've got you covered with outstanding event spaces and contemporary restaurants and a bar. We also offer plenty of ways to stay active - such as our 24-hour fitness centre and a great outdoor pool - and to stay connected - like our 24-hour business centre and free Wi-Fi in all public areas. You'll even get complimentary daily newspapers and bottled water. Don't worry; there are no hidden fees. Casual Comfort. Our 435 rooms and suites are designed to make you feel right at home ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Century Kuching Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Kuching
- Four Points By Sheraton Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Four Points Kuching
- Century Kuching Hotel Sarawak