“Rumble in the jungle”
Review of Sticky Rice Travel

Sticky Rice Travel
More attraction details
Owner description: Sticky Rice Travel is a responsible travel operator focussing on destinations within Malaysian Borneo. We are passionate about crafting personalized trips that explore sensitive ecosystems and indigenous cultures, all the while adhering to our strict policy on low-impact, responsible travel. Our motto of meaningful adventures lives through our dedication to environmental conservation and the preservation of local communities and cultures. Join us as we blaze the trail for responsible travel in Malaysian Borneo!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Impeccable service from start to finish. The travel agent helped us tailor our trip from the moment we sat foot on Borneo.
Our guide was very nice and had almost always answers to all our questions. The river cruise on the Kinabatangan was my absolute favorite! And I also recommend a stay at Paganakan Dii, for a close jungle encounter and super friendly staff.

1  Thank Martin_Bensvik
Grace C, General Manager at Sticky Rice Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hello Martin_Bensvik,

We are glad to know that you have a wonderful time traveling with us, as well as taking the time to write a wonderful review! We are also extremely chuffed that you find our service to be impeccable throughout.

This kind review encouraged us to continuously strive to provide meaningful adventures. I will be passing your praises to Herda as well as the rest of the team. Should you decide to come back to Borneo again in the near future, we look forward to having you here.

Till then safe travels.

"jungle guide"
"pick ups and transfers"
"western tarsier"

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Our whole adventure with Sticky Rice was faultless from beginning to end. The trip was really smooth, our guide (Bedley) was wonderful and extremely knowledgeable. The arrangement with accommodation and food was great. We did plenty of walking which we thoroughly enjoyed and saw lots of amazing and interesting animals. We also did the night 4x4 drive, which was more fruitful than the night walk.
Above all, I must thank Eva Petrus, SR’s Travel consultant. She was extremely helpful and informative when we booked our tour, and then she went above and beyond to send my necklace back to Hong Kong after I accidentally left it in our cabin at DV. Thanks so much Eva!!!
Well recommend the whole experience!

Grace C, General Manager at Sticky Rice Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hello Elle (Elle S)

We are glad to know that you have a wonderful time traveling with us, as well as taking the time to write a wonderful review! We are also extremely chuffed that you find our service to be friendly and professional throughout, and nothing beats the feeling of seeing wildlife in the wild.

Glad you had a good time trekking with Bedley and the trip organised by Eva was smooth sailing all the way as well as appreciating the extra mile she had put forward to sending the necklace back to Hong Kong.

This kind review encouraged us to continuously strive to provide meaningful adventures. I will be passing your praises to Eva, Bedley as well as the rest of the team. Should you decide to come back to Borneo again in the near future, we look forward to having you here.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We absolutely loved our trip in Borneo with Sticky Rice Travel. What set it apart from other companies for us is how great the staff are, especially the guides- they are full of knowledge and you really appreciate how passionate they are about what they do. Communication was excellent throughout, the trip was customised to our needs and budget and we were impressed with the company ethos for responsible, low impact travel. It was incredible to climb Mt. Kinabalu, trek through the rainforests of Danum valley and spot countless wildlife.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hello Jane (23janemarie)

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are so glad to know that you and your friend enjoyed your time here in Borneo with us, and your kind comments help introduce others to your experience. I will let Wendy and the rest of the team who were part of your trip know how much of an impact they made on your trip.

It is definitely a boost for us every time we hear a positive review such as this, and we look forward to your next visit to Sabah, Borneo. Till then, safe travels and kind regards.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just finished a great seven-night tour. We did one night in Sepilok (stayed at the Sepilok Forest Edge), three nights on the Kinabatangan (at Kinabatangan Wetlands Resort), and three nights at Danum Valley Field Centre. We highly recommend three nights at Kinabatangan Wetlands Resort - usually they propose two nights.

Our guides, Amran and Mike, were great! Very friendly, knowledgeable, great English, and did a great job helping us spot wildlife.

Sticky Rice did a great job setting up this trip for us and the logistics were seamless and we really liked the places we stayed. We also appreciated hearing that they do community projects like building schools around Borneo.

Lastly, we were grateful they provided leech socks in Danum Valley!!

Hello Aliza (Alizams),

We are glad to know that you and Dave had a wonderful time traveling with us, as well as taking the time to write a wonderful review! We are also extremely chuffed that you find our service to be excellent and seamless throughout, we have shared your commendable thoughts to Eva, Amran and Mike.

This kind review encouraged us to continuously strive to provide meaningful adventures and glad that the leech socks came in handy! Should you decide to come back to Borneo again in the near future, we look forward to having you here.

Till then safe travels

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 March 2018

There was no single second I thought of booking a tour to Danum Valley with another company than Sticky Rice, they are simply amazing. I know one of their guides from my time as a rainforest conservation volunteer in his village Batu Puteh 6 years ago. His name is Atteh and he such an enthusiastic person with a great eye for wildlife. This time I was back in Borneo for my work, which is on deforestation and the palm oil industry (guess who inspired me). I was determined to book a tour with Atteh. It was quite hard to find 3 days in which Atteh was not working or I was not in meetings but Eva was always very fast (and also very friendly!) in responding to emails. In the end I managed to do a 3D2N tour in Danum. We identified over 55 animals species and Atteh managed to answer all my questions on the animals and the rainforest. Also I just want to point out his remarkable skill of spotting birds. He knows the sounds of the birds and reproduces them in order to find them/call the birds to him. This happened for instance while trying to spot the rhinocerus hornbill and the bornean bristlehead. I can write pages long about how awesome sticky rice and their guides are but I guess you will have to experience it yourself, so don't hesitate and book a tour with them! I know I will when I get back to borneo again :D

Hello Heloise (heloisevanhouten)

Thank you for such kind and delightful compliments in letting us know that our efforts are appreciated and that you enjoyed your time here in Danum with Atteh. Your thoughtful and descriptive feedback reaffirms that we are heading in the right direction, every guide and staff provides the level of passion and dedication of ensuring a meaningful adventure for our guests. We are glad that you have identified over 55 animals species within a short span of time in the forest and not to mention the swift responses from Eva.

We would be happy to hear from you next time! Till then travel well.