“Nice dinner”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 4
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner
Description: A modern dining area that is situated at the heart of Kota Kinabalu city. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our style here is comfort food, done well, fresh. From a hot latte, nasi lemak or our very own ABC dessert, to a chicken chop or mixed grill platter; it's going to be fresh.
Reviewed 9 June 2016

We had our dinner almost every evening here while in KK. Nice food with lots of variety. Do try their pork penyet, juicy 3 layer gilled pork belly with 2 kinds of sambal ulam..but no tempe though. food portions are big with reasonable prices. cozy air cond & clean restaurant. Service is fast with a smile.

1  Thank Ayla_Kosmonova

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Nice service, friendly staff and good quality food for the price. The café had nice a theme. We had the breakfast special which had six choices from omelettes to scrambled eggs and sunny side up eggs, which was around RM6.50 each with a free coffee or tea.

1  Thank E4232RDpauls
Reviewed 8 March 2016

My wife and I have passed the Velvet Cafe many times since it opened and always told each other we should try it. Well tonight we did and now wish we'd been brave and gone in sooner.
My wife had the sweet & sour pork and I had the Tuaran mee with pork, prawns and squid, both were absolutely fantastic. Wife had freshly made apple juice and I had a couple of Heinekens. Unfortunately we were too stuffed to try their desserts as the servings were really big for the price they charged. We will definitely be back as the meals are fantastic.

1  Thank DGO4
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Looked a cool place to visit for a quick lunch.
Big menu with tasty discriptions of snacks and main dishes.
But it all ends there...the staff were half asleep and did not show the slightest intrest in serving.
They were very slow in taking the order and did not seem to understand much English.
The kitchen was even slower and our simple order took more than 20 min's.
We were the only table at the time.
Reading some of the reviews I thought that I was in another restaurant.
I have to agree with a previous revivewer that 6 of them looked like they were written by the owners or staff.
Also looking at the restaurant it was not clean..I hate to think how clean the kitchen is.
Staff need to be more active and look more happy.
A smile does not cost anything...!!

1  Thank David W
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Something very fishy...!!
After reading all the rave reviews on TRIPADVISOR we visited this restaurant.
A real coincidence that....
The last 6 reviews submitted on the same date...7th Feb.
The last 6 reviews all 5 stars.
The last 6 reviews all from persons who have only submitted 2 reviews each.
The last 6 reviews from persons who have visited the same Health Spa...!!
Now all this a coincidence...?
In their race to get to the top of the TRIPADVISOR list i would take a guess that all 6 reviews are management generated.
I visited this restaurant for lunch with my family on the weekend and found the service slow and the food not value for money.
Also 99% of the food photos are submitted by management.
Would not recomend.