2,436 results
All reviews night market spg member the club lounge sea view seafood the general manager tour desk local market central location wet market the south china sea an upgrade buffet breakfast dvd player water front spacious room local food
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I brought my parents to KK while they visited me in Brunei. We had a lovely 4 night trip staying at the Le Meridian. It was a treat for my parents and they enjoyed every minute.

The club lounge has amazing views and a great selection of nibbles and drinks.

The rooms are huge (we stayed on level 8) and the beds vey very comfortable.

Breakfast in the restaurant was very very good. A large selection and changed daily.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to speak to you and find out if they can help in anyway.

Yes the hotel is priced high but it is a fantastic place.

Some work going on to modernise however they tell You this on checkin and the work sticks to the times stated. Didn't bother us at all.

Thank you Le Meridian for helping to make my parents visit special.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
LeMeridienKotaKinaba, Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Vicki G,

Thank you for choosing our property and for taking the time to review us! Welcome to Kota Kinabalu and sounds like you had a really pleasant stay with us. The panoramic sea views from the rooms and club lounge are a lot of everyone's favorite and we are glad that you fully utilized them and enjoyed your access. We look forward to welcome you and your parents again soon, and maybe next time with the extended family and friends! Regards, Jacqueline Rowena, Guest Experience

Reviewed 28 March 2017

This hotel is very good , but lacks the little touches of service you would expect . The hotel is under going some renovation, but its only noticeable if your room is on the same side as the work lift. If like us you have a sea view room the work is not noticeable and your get a wonderful view of the sunset from your room.
Overall the service was very good, we only ate breakfast but this was of good quality.
The pool is a good size, and there is gym and and spa facilities but we did not use these.
The room was a very good size , the bed was large and comfortable, with a very large TV.
The minor quibbles were the need to request bath robes on two occasions , and the mini bar needing to be refilled. Other than that it was a great place to stay, a great location and one we would return to, but having spoken to other residents we may consider an upgrade to club.

Room Tip: sea view room.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienKotaKinaba, Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Dear telali2,

Thank you for choosing our property and for taking the time to review us! Glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in general with us and enjoyed our sea views and breakfast. We look forward to welcome you and your loved ones again soon - and hopefully this time with the extra little touches and in our new club / suites where you get access to panoramic sea views! Regards, Jacqueline Rowena, Guest Experience

Reviewed 27 March 2017

On checking in the staff were very friendly and we were offered access to the hotels Executive Lounge for an additional reasonable amount of money, which we agreed to. The rooms were very nice and modern and the Executive Lounge was very nice, offering an excellent variety of hot and cold snacks, as well as an excellent and well stcoked bar. The lounge also offered fantastic views of the water fron ann the nearby islands.I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Pay for access to the Executive Lounge
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienKotaKinaba, Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Dear PradBit,

Thank you for choosing our property and for taking the time to review us! Thank you for the full star rating, we are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and executive lounge is truly something and a favourite among many as well. The panoramic unobstructed views of the blue seas and skies do not get old. Looking forward to welcome you and your loved ones again soon! Regards, Jacqueline Rowena, Guest Experience

Reviewed 25 March 2017

I have just spent 10 days at this hotel and all I can say, is this hotel is superb and I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

Location- Right in the centre of the town, surrounded by restaurants, malls, markets and shops. The waterfront and main markets are just across the road, the highlights of the town namely, the Hard rock cafe, the viewing platform and the old clock tower are within 10 mins walking.
Appearance- Undergoing a refurb whilst I was there, but it was not noisy, the hotel is spotlessly clean and looks very attractive.
Pool area - Situated on the second floor, plenty of sunbeds available, and a great place to watch the sunset. The pool area also has a well equipped gym, sauna and steam room for all guests. The pool is unheated and a bit cold first thing in the morning but you soon get used to that. My one and only complaint about the hotel is that the pool area does not get any sun until noon each day ( its hidden behind the main tower) so there is no where to sunbathe in the mornings.
Staff/Service- Staff were fantastic from the maids in the room to the serving staff in the restaurant ( my favourite Caroline) to the reception staff. The staff could not do enough for you and their response was quick. When we had a slight issue with our toilet it was rectified immediately and when I asked if I could pay to keep our room until 5 pm, I was told it was possible but if I could vacate the room by 3 pm there would be no charge, super service in my book.

Food/Drink - Drinks were no more expensive than other restaurants in the town and with so many to choose from we only ate breakfast at the hotel. But what a breakfast it was, there was a great choice of eastern and western food, Full english breakfast was possible but being a muslim country no pork was available and the chicken sausages and beef bacon were strange at first but very tasty nevertheless. Plenty of fruit, breads yogurts, cheese and of course an egg and separate noodle station. Breakfast was just awesome.
Rooms- We stayed in 415, it was a good sized room, but only had one small wardrobe.IT had a huge TV which had several English speaking channels, slippers and robes and an iron and ironing board. towels were changed daily and the room had a card which you could use at any time to have all the bedding renewed.
Four bottles of drinking water are supplied daily.
Bathroom- The bathroom was huge with a good sized bath and a separate corner shower. The shower was a mix of rainfall or power jets, its was powerful and there was plenty of hot water.Free toiletries were left dialy including toothpaste and toothbrushes. The room had a hairdryer but funnily enough no shaver point.
WIFI - Free and with a strong signal throughout the hotel.

Extras- on arrival we were given a tube of banana chips to try, and when the hotel found out it was my wife's birthday while we there they sent a small cake to our room which was a lovely gesture.

Would I stay here again, yes in a heartbeat, its location is perfect, the staff are brilliant and this a top hotel at very reasonable prices.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andycoldham

Dear Mr Colham,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review us! Firstly, happy birthday to Mrs Colham again! We hope you have arrived home safe and sound and what a privilege for us to be able to host you for almost 2 weeks. Due to that, we are very happy that we have met and even exceeded your expectations in most areas. Thank you for the comprehensive, and detailed review of your experience. Rest assured, we will send your regards to our associates. We are looking forward to welcome you and your loved ones again. Regards, Jacqueline Rowena, Guest Experience

Reviewed 21 March 2017

I had three days at Le Meridien - a great location on the waterfront and superb sunset views over the sea. Excellent 25 m swimming pool, well-equipped gym, comfortable Club Lounge, but some strange design features of my room (619) - with a curved desk squeezed into a corner and a sofa plopped in front of the window (to open curtains I had to crawl over the sofa) and a huge unused area between the wardrobe (inadequate shelves for clothes) and the bed. I wonder if hotel designers ever actually sleep in the rooms they design ...?

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
LeMeridienKotaKinaba, Manager at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear Hallomega,

Thank you for choosing our property and for taking the time to review us! Glad to know that you had a good stay with us - what a treat to know that you enjoyed our sunset views over the sea and all our facilities. Thank you for your feedback on some of the areas you mentioned, I will share with the team. Looking forward to welcome you and your loved ones again soon! Regards, Jacqueline Rowena, Guest Experience.