“Tourist Scam!”

Ranked #24 of 742 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 21 June 2019 via mobile

After noticing the popularity of this place we decided to have dinner here on our last night in KK. The food was OK, I had the pork meatballs but we felt totally robbed when we were charged 30MR per head excluding drinks. We stayed in Sabah for 10 days and never felt ripped off, in fact quite the opposite until we ate here! I wouldn’t recommend this place, so many other better options.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (331)

Reviewed 8 June 2019

Passionate staff, approachable manager, and great food. Sampling the succulent variety of viands with bak kut teh especially the beef innards with the idyllic mix of their soup. Lovely indeed and a must

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 21 May 2019 via mobile

Went there for dinner around 7pm and the place was swarmed with customers. Their menu was pictures pasted on their shop walls. All their dishes were served in individual portions so you needed to judge how many bowls you need. Tastewise, i agreed that it tasted good as i had tasted bak kut teh though out whole of West Malaysia. You got no time to yawn or chat coz others would be queueing for your table

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 17 March 2019 via mobile

Yu Kee was grand at least 5 years ago. But now the taste if its BKT is different. Diluted now. It is still a famous place for BKT in KK as it is conveniently in the heart of the city. Place is oven-hot! Have to be there early or else it is packed. Usually filled with Chinese China tourists.

Date of visit: March 2019
17  Thank Jo-AnnKYTan
Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

Are they tasted badly, No I'm sure. But will I come back for more? No I confess....
May it be I'm expecting for something more, but they just can't give what I want no matter how many times I visit them. May it be just it doesn't fit my taste.

Date of visit: December 2018