“Laksa is good. the others not so.”
Review of Fook Yuen

Fook Yuen
Ranked #34 of 661 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Next to Old Town White Coffee, the next block down from the Jesselton Hotel, across from Hotel Sixty3
Reviewed 22 February 2018

It used to be 'economy' for lunch or dinner but it no longer is. their food are a little bit overpriced for the quality. their service wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. However, their laksa is worth every penny!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This Restaurent Never Change The Test Of Food Its Very Salty And Smelly Terrible Like Stale Food(Take Away Food Mee + 3 Dish MYR9.20) And Price To High Compare Others Restaurent More Cheaper.Gaya Street A Lot Of Restaurent You Can Visit To Buy Food More Cheaper Than Fuuk Yuen.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

This was the highlight of my visit in Kota Kinabalu. I love this place. The kaya toast or bread (you can have it toasted or not) they ae both delicious! Tea tarek is also the best! I forgot the other tea though. Hot or cold are both delicious. All the food here are good and affordable. My family loved this place so much that we went here again the following day after we've tried it. Also, we are looking forward to going back to this place again. And, we are hoping they would come here in Philippines.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

I had been to Sabah for 4 times and I love the food here.
My husband loves the food in Fook Yuen a lot, especially for the toast and milk tea, and I like bread more than toast.

We tried laksa noodles this time, um... not our cup of tea. May be some people can't eat spicy food, so the chili paste is added separately and tastes not so good.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Beside Old Town White Coffee, this old school kopitiam (foodcourt style) serves one of the best bread, Kaya (coconut jam), and butter around.

Who knew bread and butter could taste this good huh?
Order it with the specialty Teh Tarik (pulled tea) or Teh Madras (Layered Tea), dip and savour your taste buds.

Last but not least, cheap AF! (Compared to Old Town White Coffee beside it, take that, HAH!)