Promenade Hotel
Ranked #17 of 91 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Please avoid Promenade Hotel Kota Kinabalu by any chance. Based on my personal experience during my stay at this hotel, they have poor service and dishonest staffs. I lost my belongings in my hotel room and I was 200% certain my belongings were there. After contacting the hotel multiple times, they insist they did not find my belongings in my hotel room and refused to give me a proper explanation. I'm horrified with their irresponsible and dishonest staffs.

Do not trust their website's room photos because the actual room was old and dirty. The furniture has started to have discoloration and they are still using those old box TV. Receptionists were unhelpful and impolite. My friend even had diarrhea after having dinner buffet at their cafe.

Maybe they USED TO BE a reputable hotel long time ago but from my personal experience, this is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I am extremely disappointed with this so-called 4-star hotel and I do not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel if you have a choice.
I would rather pay more for a better quality hotel than having my holiday ruined.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Melanie765

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Basically, this is a good hotel. Basically clean and nice, comfy beds. I just have problem because there isn't a hose near to the toilet bowl, which would be a great convenience to Muslim travellers.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Santeira
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Go for upper floor rooms. We stayed at the fifth floor and the view was terrible.

If swimming pool and wireless internet connection are your top requirement, better look for other hotels. The swimming pool was still under renovation. From my point view as a building construction contractor, it will take them another,at least, 3months to complete.

With there room rates that they are charging, it is advisable to check out the other inns around town. I noticed that some of the inns looked great.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank longkau2
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The location is very strategic. It is very near to major landmarks, eateries and shopping centers. However, the some of the staff especially the concierge has certain air of aloofness in them. Their toilets are not functioning properly. After a request for a change of room, the same problem occurred. We have trouble flushing the toilet!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sheronlee
Reviewed 19 March 2012

5 star facilities with 4 star price. Buffet breakfast and dinner, outstanding. Luxurious catering. Staff outstandingly dressed appearance. Overly helpful, nothing was any trouble and all very friendly and overtly efficient. 3 stays here. Youi couldn't ask for a more better positioned, up market rooms or food with outstanding decor and efficiently run establishment. Reasonable priced room. Nothing is too much trouble for none here at this beautifully polished hotel.
Thank you. We stayed here December 2011 and arrived for the third time Christmas day. wonderful. The carol singers in the lobby and decorations and festive spirit made this a home from home occasion for us British holiday makers with no pressure. fantastic!,

Room Tip: None. Expectations will be exceeded
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1.1 km away
Horizon Hotel
Horizon Hotel
#9 of 91 in Kota Kinabalu

Been to Promenade Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Promenade Hotel

Address: Promenade Hotel No. 4 Lorong Api-Api 3 | Api-Api Centre, Kota Kinabalu 88000, Malaysia
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#9 Luxury Hotel in Kota Kinabalu
Price Range: $89 - $170 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Promenade Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Promenade Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Promenade Hotel Kota Kinabalu, Sabah