Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great day

We had a lively time riding around Tuaran area visiting local villages and admiring the vistas. Hot... read more

Reviewed 23 July 2020
838marikam
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
via mobile
A Great Day on Mountain Bikes

Just had a great day riding in rural Sabah on mountain bikes. We stayed on fairly flat rural roads... read more

Reviewed 28 February 2020

from USD 48.72
from USD 77.00
from USD 56.42
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2019 via mobile

My husband and I booked this tour on- line due to the reviews and we were not disappointed.
Both Christian and Alex gave us valuable insight into history and culture of Borneo.
We had a private tour as we were the only ones and Alex tailored it to our skill level which meant a bit of challenge but also totally enjoyable at the same time.
We have been on many bike tours and this was one of the best we have done from the excellent bikes to the ice cold drinks on the way.
A great tour to do while you are in Borneo .

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

My husband and I booked the three day bike tour. Alex and Christian were excellent and taught us so much about the local culture.
Part way through day 1 I realized the terrain was too steep for me. I struggled in the heat and humidity.
After Christian cooked us a superb dinner in the village we discussed changing up the plan for the next two days.
They were flexible and adapted our tour to a more flat area. We also went hiking and had fish massages in the river.
Riding on the beach was fun, and a first for us.
We enjoyed our time with them and would recommend Bike Borneo.

Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

Wonderful tour and introduction to the countryside. Booked online through TripAdvisor and communication with the company was easy when schedule had to be adjusted. I was picked up promptly at my hotel and had a nice hour-ish drive with Chris to the starting point. An excellent conversationalist he gave me some background on Borneo and what it’s like to live in Malaysia. We met Alex who helped to get set for the tour. I was lucky enough to be the only one on the ride this day... not only did they read what I put on my reservation, they took it into account in planning my ride and adjusted according to my desired experience. It was a beautiful day and the scenery was amazing. Be prepared to get hot and sweaty. Plenty of water and sunscreen! The local lunch spot was great and so helpful to have Chris and Alex help with my dietary restrictions. I also appreciated the cold drinks provided along the way... such a nice treat. Overall wonderful experience and a must do for anyone who wants to see a little of the countryside, get a little cultural perspective, and fit in a good workout! Thank you for the fabulous adventure!

Reviewed 22 May 2019

I looked for an exiting Mountainbike tour nearby Kota Kinabalu and I found this very pleasant agency. I was picked up at 7:30 am at my hotel with a comfortable, airconditioned truck. After 50 min we arrived at the starting point of the tour, were a lot of moutainbikes were waiting in a container. I wished a not too challenging tour because I‘m now nearly 60 years old. The guide leads a 28 km tour with 850 highmeters in four and a half hours (including a lot of breaks). That was hard for me but ok. The truck was often not very far so that if I or the material would have a problem, there were help. I can realy recommend this agency for all moutainbike fans.

Reviewed 8 May 2019

We had a great day out mountain biking in the morning followed up with an afternoon of white water rafting. The bikes were decent quality and in good condition - certainly better than any other hire bikes we've had elsewhere in Asia. As a bonus you also get a good quality water bottle that we ended up using for the rest of our trip. Our guides Alex and Flo were fun and really informative and we learned a lot about Sabah. The routes are pretty flexible and can be tailored on the run to suit your fitness level and biking experience. It can get pretty hot and sweaty so the icy cold drinks break was a welcome relief. The breaks were also a great chance to have a chat to Christian and learn more about the history of Borneo and Sabah. The riding was great fun with a bit of mud and water and the suspension bridge was a highlight. The whitewater rafting was a great way to cool down and relax a bit after the riding. The scenery was beautiful and it was great fun even though the water level was a bit low in some places. Jumping into the current for a swim was great fun. We had a great day getting out into the countryside and would highly recommend Bike Borneo.

Date of experience: April 2019