All reviews suite room nice stay airport kk waterfront
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Really noisy, close to the highway and the worse, they make renovation during the night. They use a hammer !!! At night !!!

I call the reception at midnight and they stop, but they begin again in the morning at 6:00 AM. I ask them to stop until 8:00, but they didn't respect it. They start again at 7:30 AM.

I can't understand ! Worst night ever !

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meskim
ZaraBH, Front Office Manager at Zara's Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Dear Meskim,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Zara's Boutique hotel and for your feedback concerning your stay here.

Regarding the noise from the highway, I understand it can get noisy during peak traffic times. However, during the night, when the traffic is less congested, the noise should be of little inconvenience. Moreover, it is to still to my disappointment that the noise was an issue to you.

About the renovation that you stated, we are truly sorry but it is beyond our control as the renovation was not in the hotel but another building. We have since warned them regarding the noise disturbance and they have agreed to stop working after 6pm.

Any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to email us at zarasboutiquehotel@yahoo.com.my

Kind Regards,
Nurashikin Y

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Great hospitality, ideal location right opposite to shopping a shopping mall and hospital. Only about a 20mins walk to sutera Harbour resort for the daily panoramic sunset view. Around the hotel itself there are more than ten diners and restaurants of different cuisine, 24/7 convienient stores are only few steps away!

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

Just checked in into this hotel staying in room 327.

Check in was efficient and friendly. Nice lobby area.

The carpet throughout the corridors are tired. The hotel could do with fresh paint or complete renovation.

Room is of good size but it has the feel of v low budget hotel. Bed is set v low but fine. Supplied with 2 soft and flat pillows! It s fine if you like flat pillows. When I asked for 2 extra pillows management informed me that they charge rm10.00 for each extra pillow which I guess reflect the quality of this hotel (think Tune Hotel)! One of the wooden panels over the bed has a gaping hole! Large damp stains on the corner of the room. Found a live cockroach in the bathroom! Bathroom floor appears not to have been mopped since the last guess.

TV is of good size with limited selections of channels.

Overall impression is that the hotel could be so much better if they look into addressing the above. Main problem for me is cleanliness (cockroach in the room is a big no no!).

I cannot recommend this hotel to those who care about their health.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
ZaraBH, Front Office Manager at Zara's Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Dear Ed_Guntis,

We are well aware about the issue regarding the carpet on the corridors and had replaced it with a brand new one. Not just that, the carpet will also be cleaned regularly to maintain its cleanliness and condition. We have also critically evaluated our housekeeping system and will take immediate actions to provide better services for all our guests.

We sincerely apologize for not giving you the expected standard but as a boutique hotel, our budget is not as loose as of the higher rated hotels. However, we take your feedback very seriously as your feedback motivates us to provide a higher standard hospitality.

As part of our commitment, we look forward to your next stay in our hotel as we are dedicated to provide you with better service. If you do return, it will be a more satisfying experience for you having taken this feedback into consideration.

Kind regards,
Nurashikin Y

Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

This is my second time check in at zara's boutique. At first, i book the hotel using agoda.com because the price and location(near the imago) and i got the spacious room and i am very satisfied with the room. But when i walk in without made any reservation, i am so unsatisfy with the room. The room space was small, the towel was smelly and not clean, the air-cond also not functioning very well. I thought maybe the management only give the best room for those who made the reservation

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed 23 August 2015

We went to this hotel as we had conference located at Sutera Harbour Resort. This two hotels are located nearby. It takes about 5minutes drive. We stayed here for 4 nights. For first 2 nights, we stayed at the room that facing the main road, then they allowed us to change to opposite side of room. As for all, this hotel is good, friendly staffs and there is breakfast provided. Our rooms come with spacious space. We stayed in Superior room for 3 persons.

Room Tip: Choose the room that facing Kinabalu Mountain for better view and less noise as this hotel is located next to the main road to the KK city.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business