“Summer Lodge Noisy”

Ranked #86 of 91 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Wellington
“Summer Lodge Noisy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2010

There are notices up re bedbugs but with one 1 sheet for the bed that does not even fit I do not see the owners making an effort to keep this under control.

The location is very central but unless you ask for a back room you will be awake with loud music all night.
Be very careful when making payment in advance for any tours booked through teh lodge etc Suggest use Pay Pal only. We spen hours of our 3 days recovering a large overcharge. Owner did not seem to care to much

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

My first review .... Just can't stop myself to do this review

Just got back from KK .... I accidentally found this place when I was walking around to find the place to stay

staffs were really nice and supported ....

the room was nice and clean

free internet ... including breakfast .... and the price was considering valuable ....

Try it ....

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2009

The location of the Summer Lodge is definitely central, along Jalan Gaya where you can find all the nice food. It's also where the Sunday Markets happen. However, at night, you will have to bear with the loud music from the Beer Garden downstairs which lasts until about midnight.

We stayed in Room 204, a female dorm with 6 single beds. We went to sleep early as we wanted to wake up early for the Sunday market. Soon, we realised we are not alone and two of us started scratching ourselves. It went on for the whole night. I hardly had any sleep at all. I shifted from my bed to the floor and slept on a bedsheet.
When I woke up in the morning, I realised that there were bedbugs (dead) and some bloodstains on the blanket. Arrgghhhh....
Fortunately, we only stayed there for one night.
When we checked out of the hotel, we told the staff about our bed bugs problem but she didnt seem to care. Not sure whether it's because she didnt understand us or what...

Other than this problem, the hostel seems fine; with free internet and breakfast provided in the morning from 7-9am. They have a friendly boss, Steven. But he's often not around as he pretty much left the management of the hostel to his trusted staff. You can also get them to help you arrange for the transport from the town to Mt K HQ for RM250.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

Staff are friendly. Most will provide good advice if they can understand your english. Breakfast is bread (u can toast it), jam and free flow of coffee and tea. Tea and coffee is free flow at all times.
The lodge had seen better days. I stayed at the lodge before heading out to KK park and returned thereafter.
First room - Toilet didnt really flush properly so all of us, had to use the common toilets.
Second room- Had bed bugs bites on my legs.
Packages booked from the lodge is delivered but I am guessing here are some cutting of corners. I guess the only good thing is
I cant remember which guide book was recommending this lodge. Screw them, please research more before putting down this recommendations in your [--] guidebooks.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends