See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 November 2016

The room is big... its is modern setup.... shoplots is few meter downstairs.... centrepoint mall is walking distance.... seafood restaurant is nearby... starbucks within the hotel area which is warisan complex...

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2016

After Booking our Diving activity in KK we found a Hotel Close to the Jetty and the Dive HQ for the company we dived with.
Upon Check in to the room that we booked " Deluxe Sea view Room"
Unfortunately the only "Deluxe" Aspect of the room was the View.
The Curtains had tears in them,
The Free WiFi in the Hotel did not work inside the room (upon asking about why this was happening, we were directed to go to the Lobby to use the WiFi lol )
the floorboards were actually loose on the floor itself,
(I found this out by catching a part of my foot between two of them sliding together going to the shower in the morning )
We decided immediately to look for another hotel in that first day after a much needed sleep after our flights to Malaysia.
The Air conditioning in the room was very slow to actually kick in
and after the first night we found out the air conditioning unit had leaked ( in small drops) overnight to make one of my books wet along with some of my folders ( which were waterproof anyway) So in the morning after sleeping we looked for another hotel.
We Complained about the overall aspect of the room, even the Towels in the bathroom looked worn and not that "Fresh" look about them as we are accustom to.
During our Complaint with reception,
the manner of the person who received the complaint looked very vague and a little defeated in his mannerisms as he must have been used to people complaining or he did not care ?
Probably a Mix of Both.
We Got our Refund and Stayed at another Hotel for the reminded of the stay in Kota Kinabalu.
The Photos from the Hotel look Lovely....but in Actuality the Poor Maintenance of the rooms and the standard is just not up to scratch.
If you do choose to stay there, ask to look at the room first before payment or decision to use this Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to Look at the Room you are Interested in Before payment.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Price : Affordable.
Room : Hotel at 7th floor. Generally good size (for the money you spent). Smells a bit worn out.
Toilet : Clean. Water pressure is good, Heater sometimes ok, sometimes not. Some room I got have this wierd built in wall massage shower. Seriously, I think they should not install that thing inside that small toilet. Basic amenities inside, without toothbrush or comb.
Bed : Comfy Queen/King size bed and clean bed sheet. Nothing to complaint here.
Air Conditioning : not so cold but ok.
TV : A 32 inch LCD TV. Selection of channels is good. Got Fox Movie Premium. So Thumbs up.
WiFi : Generally slow. Upgrade your router, please.
View : Depends on how much yo pay. I always get the Pulau Gaya view, so OK la.
In-Room Services : Never tried it.
Surrounding : A worn down shopping complex (Centrepoint KK) is within walks away, 7-Eleven and other convenient shops are just around the corner, Starbucks about 1 min walking, McD about 3mins, Pasar Filipine-3 mins, Waterfront-10mins walking. Generally there is a lot going on in this area. You will not be bored.
Parking : Got basement parking and have to pay. But it is not a problem since most of us are travelers. Getting a cab is easy breezy at downstairs.
Security : Looks safe as there's a lot of people around at night too.
Hotel Staffs : Nice and attentive.

Generally, this is budget hotel for a budget travelers. The price is good for the price you pay, compared to other hotels in this vicinity.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room. The views are great.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2016

The hotels within my work claimable expenditure in Kota Kinabalu were fully booked the time when I was there. So searched through Agoda, I found a special deal which is lower than my budget and claimed 3-star business hotel, so I opted for it. Never heard of Imperial Boutec Hotel before, neither I know its existence.

Signage Visibility
This hotel has none. The taxi driver got me there and took me to the lift lobby which will then take me to level 7, where the hotel is located. I later realised the hotel has a tiny signage, which I think most people may miss it.

Front Desk
Typical millennial generation, no one can live without a smartphones. The front desk team was on social media, games when I arrived. I felt like I was taking up their time away from their gadget time.

Room Availability
Even though I have made the payment online, the hotel has no record nor whatsoever about me coming to stay here. When they managed to sort that part out, I was told that the room I booked is not available anymore.

Room
Dirty. Yep, pretty much that sums up everything.

Housekeeping
Kind, polite but does not get the job done, well enough to make the room feeling anything approaching clean.

Toilet
Imagine a school toilet with pretty much nothing that works well, or in working condition. The water level is always low, so low that you could not possibly flush anything. When I wanted to shower, the water supply decided to cut itself. Waited sometime for the plumber to turn up.

Bed
Noisy. I seriously think some guests have jumped on these bed, and the spring seems off alignment for some time.

Finally, for anyone to run a hotel business, the owners should stay at the hotel, to experience what the paying guests are experiencing in order to make the business profitable. Or else, don't bother wasting resources to hope for the best.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

I dnt kno y the guests car park is not free but the other hotel in the same building is free . The location itself is great bcuz its surrounded by resturnts and shopping malls. The room is simple and it is not up to standard cleanest and facilities. 5/10 star for me and it is a quaint place for a short stay

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo