All reviews executive room buggy service gurney plaza gravity bar spoon restaurant between shopping sister hotel resident manager rooftop pool stylish hotel free mini bar kit kat welcome ice cream pillow menu big shopping top floor turn down service
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is good. It is between 2 shopping malls. One of them is Gourney Plaza which has lots of local restaurants. The hotel is also located near many local eateries.
The room is spacious and clean. Mini bars is free of charge. Every late afternoon, the room service comes and asks if you want anything, like drinks etc.
Overall, I am happy and satisfy with my stay there.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

My Wife and I came to Penang to celebrate our wedding anniversary and chose G Hotel Kelawai for our 3 nights stay. The hotel is conveniently located between 2 major shopping malls and walking distance to the Gurney Drive street food. The room is modern and clean. My Wife and I love it. The staff are friendly and approachable. On the first day, they even dropped by our room to give my Wife and I a surprise anniversary cake but we were away. The cake was delicious. Thank you so much G Hotel team for the great experience! I love G Hotel Kelawai

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JQReggie
Reviewed 8 September 2018

My wife and I had to visit Penang for a 2 day one night trip. We heard about G Hotel Kelawai and decided to try this hotel. A wonderful decision!
We were met by a team of friendly lobby staff - from the doorman, porter, and counter team. Check in was quick and effecient. Went to our room at the executive floor and we were impressed by the minimalist layout, the spacious bathroom, the King size bed, the amenities, and the cleanliness of the room. First impression is always important and both my wife and I were won over.
The hotel is well located between 2 popular shopping centres - Paragon, and Gurney Plaza. It is not far from centre of Penang - Komptar and Palau Tikus are only 7 minutes away by Grab.
The hotel offer their executive floor customers use fo their lounge on 24th floor (rooftop). Excellent place to unwind and to meet your friends. It serves simple buffet breakfast and evening light meals too. View is pretty looking at hills on one side and old Penang on the other. A small swimming pool is just outside the lounge.
I strongly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Penang for a short stay, want to get meetings arranged, do shopping for good quality products, and get to Palau Tikus for local food.

Room Tip: Get the executive floors.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Hotel was clean. Room was very clean, thanks to the staff in charge of the 20th floor. Service rendered at the hotel by staff was beyond my expectation. Special mention goes to Samson, Vellen and Yasmin.
Pool is disappointing though - rather small.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I had a birthday dinner with my family here and was so elated to be here. The food is amazing and varies from seafood to desserts to local cuisines. Staff Mr. Shazul, Mr. Jason, Ms Siti and Ms Haslina gave the best service to us! Would gladly come here again for another event.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Kelawai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having your birthday dinner at Spoon and posting your wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated as customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. Your comments have been shared with our team and we all wish you a “Happy Birthday”.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Kind regards