Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The Hotel is a few minutes distance from shopping complex and Government Offices. The hotel is spacious with 194 rooms and suites ans quite reasonable. The Hotel provides cable/satellite TV, atached bathrooms for standard rooms, tea/coffee making facilities, telephone etc. You can see a panaromic view from the rooms at top floors, not forgetting the railways at the back drop.

Room tip: Higher floors have a good view outside.
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

the hotel is set in its good location but sad to say that it doesnt meet on its standard in accordance to its 3star hotel. It really needs a renovation as much as possible so guest may be satisfied for the service that they must have to give. You,(the hotel) is in the hospitality industry,so u shud make sure to cater the best service that the guest needs. Its not that you are already satisfied for whatever sales that they have given you.bt to make sure that they will give you more sales than what it takes. the hotel needs any marketing strategies that will help to promote much of it bt BE SURE TO PROVIDE THE BEST SO GUEST WILL NOT BE ONLY SATISFY BUT TO BE MORE IMPRESSED WITH YOUR ESTABLISHMENT.

Date of stay: April 2012
3  Thank schatz2312
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Name of the hotel is good to hear. But room with no air-cond, air cond's cover put on the floor, ceiling are not done, and rubbish at the bottom of the hanging clothes.Change. After that, change at room. 2 nights leaving at this hotel. Open the door, security come to open, and says it is double lock. And the day we go back it is not repaired. Because we was told that the door knob will changed. And at last no change at all. The hanging clothes wyre also can't be use inside the bathroom. Not working at all.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank lait875
Reviewed 5 June 2012

FIRSTLY, I don't think the name of "GRAND" Continental suit with the services which provided by this hotel.

I was Follow a tour trip to penang, was check-in the hotel on 2-June-2012 (Sat). When I was waiting to get room key, heard by the tour leader that still have room not available which is at around 4pm. We had made the reservation in advance, but I can't understand that NO ROOMS was being prepared while customer want to check-in and it's already at 4pm.

When all of us got the room key and think to have short rest in the room, who knows the room they given wasn't clean it up!! The rooms, is being confirmed by the receptionists. BUT, while we are opening the room door, mattress and bed haven't clean up,toilet paper thrown around the room floor, some of the room, they found out still have guest inside who wasn't check out yet! Luggage inside the room!!! WHAT A MESS!! All the room given wasn't prepare yet and the staff even do not know whether those rooms are clean up or check out~again, what a poor services.

Calling feel times to receptionists to settle but didn't get into served by them.
I think the hotel management should send the staff to RE-TRAINING. To enhance how to be professionalism in hotel service line.

Eventually made all the guest really disappointed with this HOTEL and even not dare to try the rest of branches surrounding Malaysia.

It can be the worst hotel that I never ever seen before!! it even worst than those budget hotel.

I suggest those who would like to come Penang, PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE THIS HOTEL. And believe me, I am sure that budget inn will be better than GRAND CONTINENTAL HOTEL PENANG.

Room tip: Do not choose any room unless all hotel/inn in penang are being fully booked.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank kscj0212
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I went to Penang for medication, and i stay overnight in this hotel. I found this hotel from a web and the pictures of this hotel looks nice. But, in reality, it is not the way it looks in the picture. The room is very stinky and dirty. When I said I need to keep my medicine in their freezer, they said that they don't have it. Not even in the hotel's kitchen. Can you believe this?! I am very dissapointed!! I will never ever come back to this hotel. I strictly don't reccomend this hotel to anyone!! >:O

Date of stay: May 2012