“A Nyonya Institution”

Mum's Nyonya Cuisine
Ranked #114 of 1,217 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our Official Tripadvisor page! We serve Traditional Nyonya homecooked dishes with our family's secret recipes handed down from generations to generations.
Reviewed 8 July 2016

I have been away a long time and we had only two nights in Penang. As third generation Nyonya ourselves, my sister and I had to pay homage to the best of the best. A quick check on Google pointed to this little unassuming restaurant in Aboo Siti Lane. We ordered ALL the must-haves* and we weren't disappointed to say the least. All the dishes delivered all the punches. I rate this place top marks for authenticity and keeping up to the old standards. Well done! (*Perut ikan, Kiam Chye Boey, Joo Hoo Char, Beef Rendang, Too Car Chore, Sayur rumi)

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (234)

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Friendly owner, clean and air conditioned place. Authentic food, wide variety of dishes. Tau u bak is a must try. The pork stomach soup was tasty too

Reviewed 28 June 2016

In a quiet back lane with good food, cooked authentically.
Good variety of nyonya food available.
Can get quite busy, so go on a weekday evening and advisable to book

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

The food reminds me of my beloved mother's cooking. So yummy. Reservation is required as the place is not that big.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

My friends visited here last year and all look forward to the meal here again this trip. As it is named, the food is so motherly. I like the fish meat in the sour soup and the fish wrapped in the leave the most. And the pork in the dark and sour souce is also impressive.